Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outside mirrors misbehaving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I approach my garage door the outside mirrors close. I am good with that but when I try to leave the garage they do not reopen. In fact, when I open mirrors either with verbal command or using touch screen, the mirrors open but as soon as a put car in reverse the mirrors collapse again. I have tried to disable collapse mirrors when approaching home, re-boot and nothing seems to stop mirrors from collapsing when I put it in reverse. Any suggestions

It sounds like you have either location based auto-folding or enabled the auto-fold option in Homelink. Easiest way to override the auto-fold when backing out is to unfold the mirrors AFTER you put it into reverse.

If you want to fully disable here is the link to the manual.

It sounds like you have either location based auto-folding or enabled the auto-fold option in Homelink. Easiest way to override the auto-fold when backing out is to unfold the mirrors AFTER you put it into reverse.

If you want to fully disable here is the link to the manual.
If I read it correctly the mirrors will unfold when i have reached in excess of 31mph. That won't work. I already disabled location to fold mirrors