Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outstanding first-year service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the the 4-year Anywhere Service plan and my one-year service was just completed. My car was picked up yesterday at my home yesterday morning via flatbed and a Model S loaner (60KWh) dropped off at the same time (not as thrilling as my 85P but damned impressive). This afternoon my car was returned to my office in downtown Baltimore via a Tesla valet driver.

I couldn't be more pleased. All of the routine maintenance was performed including the titanium underbody shield, the items I asked to be attended to were also fixed, and a few other minor things Tesla found were also addressed. Erick of the Rockville Service Center was in touch throughout and my hat's off to him and Rockville for a superb job. This was the best service experience I have ever had in my 50 years of car ownership. IMHO, this is another disruptive Tesla innovation to the auto industry.

Erick has my P85+ as we speak and although I'm out of town, he will be arranging delivery back at my office for when I land Thursday evening, they will swap out the loaner in my spot and plug in mine. Doesn't get any better than that.

I'm actually buying the Rockville guys lunch tomorrow on my visit. They deserve it.

Lift a glass to them for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Erick has my P85+ as we speak and although I'm out of town, he will be arranging delivery back at my office for when I land Thursday evening, they will swap out the loaner in my spot and plug in mine. Doesn't get any better than that.

For sure.

I have the the 4-year Anywhere Service plan and my one-year service was just completed. My car was picked up yesterday at my home yesterday morning via flatbed and a Model S loaner (60KWh) dropped off at the same time (not as thrilling as my 85P but damned impressive). This afternoon my car was returned to my office in downtown Baltimore via a Tesla valet driver.

I couldn't be more pleased. All of the routine maintenance was performed including the titanium underbody shield, the items I asked to be attended to were also fixed, and a few other minor things Tesla found were also addressed. Erick of the Rockville Service Center was in touch throughout and my hat's off to him and Rockville for a superb job. This was the best service experience I have ever had in my 50 years of car ownership. IMHO, this is another disruptive Tesla innovation to the auto industry.

I had a very similar experience. Erick, Nathan, and the Rockville crew are very good.

Make sure you answer the survey that you receive from Tesla so that these guys get the recognition (and perhaps comp?) that they deserve.

Andrew

I have not had my first yearly service yet, but every every visit I've had to the San Diego Service center has been great.

I frequently mention to people who ask about the car that it's the only one I've ever owned that I actually enjoy taking it in for service.

The only downside is the P85 loaner made me want to upgrade my S85. :crying:

I called Tesla to schedule a service appointment at 0800 on Monday. They showed up at my office in Old Town Alexandria less than 90 minutes later with a flatbed and picked up my car and offered to have it back to me by 400PM the same day. Told them to take their time and drop it at my house the next day due to another meeting I had that day in Tysons. Didn't need the loaner - I had already arranged a ride.

They checked out the drive motor and got an error code - (pulled and replaced the drive motor/inverter)

details on drivetrain here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaV7V07tEMQ-

Added the Titanium Shield to the battery and replace a leaky seal around the rear backup light and adjusted the passenger door latch. Then they replaced the dashboard LCD - told me my serial # was in a lot that they have been having a high failure rate on. All this work was completed by 3PM!!!!

Today they came to my house and replaced the HPWC (had a faulty pin that would not connect with Tesla charge port).

They just got a customer for life!!!! DAMN these guys rock!

Also - $0 - no BS shop fee, HAZMAT fee, Tire disposal fee, Fuel fee etc. I love this company - wife was stunned - she just told me to have the electrician add another charge port for her!!!!!

My Tesla service reps in Denver just traveled back in time to intercept a vague thought I was having in my sleep to call them the next morning about service work. They arrived in my driveway in an electric helicopter before I could wake up that morning, serviced everything that needed attention in my car, upgraded my battery from a 60 to an 85, added extra solar panels on the roof of the house to compensate, took the cat to the vet for me, cooked me a four-course organic breakfast, and mowed the lawn before taking off again in their helicopter just as I woke up. When I got to the car, I discovered that they left me a $100 tip in the center console to compensate for the inconvenience of the helicopter rotor noise!

:)

...Tesla's service is so phenomenal that it's getting harder to tell where the real stories end and the hyperbole begins! They do amazing work, don't they?

My Tesla service reps in Denver just traveled back in time to intercept a vague thought I was having in my sleep to call them the next morning about service work. They arrived in my driveway in an electric helicopter before I could wake up that morning, serviced everything that needed attention in my car, upgraded my battery from a 60 to an 85, added extra solar panels on the roof of the house to compensate, took the cat to the vet for me, cooked me a four-course organic breakfast, and mowed the lawn before taking off again in their helicopter just as I woke up. When I got to the car, I discovered that they left me a $100 tip in the center console to compensate for the inconvenience of the helicopter rotor noise!

:)

...Tesla's service is so phenomenal that it's getting harder to tell where the real stories end and the hyperbole begins! They do amazing work, don't they?

Haha, epic!
Dan and the gang are great for sure.

So my first 12,500 service will be in 30 days at current driving rate. Did you guy pay for the range rover service to have your cars picked up? I am 50 miles from the service center and expected to have to figure it out on my own, or beg for a loaner as I dropped off my Model S. I don't expect them to pick my car up for service unless I paid the extra for the rover service. Am I wrong?

I recently had two great service experiences; one was two guys coming out to update my HPWC so I can charge at 80 amps (woo-hoo), and second was a week later, annual service. (I was a couple of months late, sorry, Tesla.) They wound up keeping it overnight, I think just because Rockville is so busy and they were doing various odds and ends like installing the armor plate, fixing the pano roof hot-weather creak, defroster TSB, et al. I drive like a maniac, I guess; my tires needed replacing (I checked and although they did the camber bolt TSB, the regular tread wear is what made the back tires need replacing, sniff sniff).

Great experience, though I have to say wow, Prius sucks. I got an Enterprise rental (which I'm fine with; don't understand people who get cranky about that) and Enterprise was also very good, solicitous, offered me almost anything. I took the Prius they'd started to go with, but never again. The Prius didn't want to move, and felt like it was going to come apart on the highway. Wow, so disappointing. (and I felt like a moron forgetting to turn the car "off" when I got to work...LOL)

They even noticed a couple of minor things and fixed those, that I hadn't noticed (A pillar creak, for example). The report says they updated the firmware but I'd done that a few weeks before, when they confirmed 5.9 was waiting for me...hmm, I didn't check versions before and after, maybe it's some minor point release.

Anyway, many thanks to Jonathan, etc. at Rockville! Y'all rock! I didn't see Nathan while I was there ;-( but I'm glad he's still there.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Just noticed the odometer in/out readings are 13 miles different. Uh...okay. (shrug) Testing the new tires or the camber bolt? ;-)

To dog pile on the accolades...Just had the 12K service. Yes, beyond satisfied. The Service Center Team took care of every single little issue, THEN a week later called and asked a few questions and offered another appointment to perfect a couple of things. Even my Lexus dealer is writhing in pain. No way can they match Elon's vision of service. It's a bit unfair though, because the car itself is the real source of success..

Great experience, though I have to say wow, Prius sucks. I got an Enterprise rental (which I'm fine with; don't understand people who get cranky about that) and Enterprise was also very good, solicitous, offered me almost anything. I took the Prius they'd started to go with, but never again. The Prius didn't want to move, and felt like it was going to come apart on the highway. Wow, so disappointing. (and I felt like a moron forgetting to turn the car "off" when I got to work...LOL)
Enterprise - Great experience.

Mercedes C250 - The 0-10mph experience is horrible.

Let me add on to the experience by Artsci at Rockville. I just recently had my first year annual service completed there. Jonathan and team were superb. They completed the annual service items and attended to a few other things I had noted. They installed the underbody shield. Jonathan telephoned me during the day to let me know the status of the work. Best of all: I was given a P85 loaner ("arrest me red" color to boot!). The SC was in the middle of receiving multiple truck loads of cars to be delivered, but that did not hinder them from providing top notch service to me. Kudos!!

P.S. Just noticed the odometer in/out readings are 13 miles different. Uh...okay. (shrug) Testing the new tires or the camber bolt? ;-)
That's how they notice things like the A-Pillar creak.

I'm glad they test drive them thoroughly. Hopefully they get them up to a good speed as well, since many noises don't show up until your at 80 MPH or more (though that might be an issue with speeding tickets).