Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ovens site management encouraging ICEing of Supercharger stalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no incentive for future Tesla ownership if there's no supercharger in Ovens for any owners. This misunderstanding is doing the rounds on social media portrayed as a THEM verses US battle, multiple keyboard warriors posting fake negative reviews against the hotel will only antagonize the owners further.
Also, considering how many tourists the place gets & how there is a combination of bar, restaurant & live band area, good luck to management in finding the tourist whose car has ICEd a stall, then asking them to move after you said they could park there.
FFS.

Reactions: Big Earl
A storm in a tea cup created by a few Tesla owners lacking the diplomacy to have a reasonable conversation with the new owners and actually getting their point of view, luckily someone did as per the copied facebook post. Hopefully for the sake of future Tesla owners that wish to use the Ovens Supercharger their hasn't been too many self entitled negative reviews on the hotels social media.View attachment 621674
1, 4 is complete BS. I have used the Ovens supercharger 5-6 times this yer and at least on two occasions there was another car charging. It was during the lockdowns btw
2, 3 - utter nonsense. On a busy Friday night the "simply get the keys" would turn a quick 15min top up into an hour-long exercise. It is not a destination charger, so people expect to charge fast and have no obligation to use the hotel facilities. If he was a reasonable guy, instead of sneakily altering the signs, he would get rid of what he does not need or grin and bear if bound by contract.

I agree though that trying to fight it by leaving bad reviews on social media is not cool. Instead, we should push Tesla to fix the issue or move the charger to a different location.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
If anyone reading this has left a bad review for the Host Pub or business, please remove it as it discourages other potential host site owners from agreeing to sign a contract with Tesla in the future.
They are giving up parking spaces on their property without any guarantee of increased business.
Whenever I use a Supercharger, I always look for an opportunity to spend some of the money I saved, not buying Dinosaur Juice, to spend at the host business.
(Personal Opinion)

Whenever I use a Supercharger, I always look for an opportunity to spend some of the money I saved, not buying Dinosaur Juice, to spend at the host business.
(Personal Opinion)

I agree with this and have spent plenty on wine and lunch at Silos Estate (Berry NSW).

But these signs at Ovens are just not on. They send a really poor message that ICEing is ok. People wouldn't tolerate cars being left parked blocking access to a petrol station.

If the site was sold and the new owner doesn't have an agreement with Telsa he can do what he likes with his site.

It's on Tesla to either come to a rental agreement for the spots or pull them out.
If Tesla already has a fixed lease on those spots then they need to enforce it. Either way, its on Tesla to take action.

I guess it's a lot like Warrnambool, just a lot harder to move than a sled.

Reactions: DasBoot
Copied from Facebook:

**UPATE ON OVENS SC**

Hi all

Just got off the phone with Tesla again regarding the above. They are in discussions with the owner to ensure our needs, and the owners needs, are met so as not to inconvenience Tesla owners when we travel to the mountains.

They have asked me to ask all of us not to post further negative reviews about (un)Happy Valley anymore. The message has been well and truly sent to the owner now!!!

I am now removing my review as there is no need to leave a permanent b!tch slap in place. They know my thoughts. They also know we, Tesla owners, can rally together quickly and mobilise when required.

Going to ask everyone who left the negative reviews to pull them down now also. This will be a further demonstration that we can rally together and a group that is worth supporting.

Now we have sent the message loud and clear, let’s leave this with Tesla and I will post an update next week.

Tippo
National President
Tesla Owners Club Australia

If anyone reading this has left a bad review for the Host Pub or business, please remove it as it discourages other potential host site owners from agreeing to sign a contract with Tesla in the future.
They are giving up parking spaces on their property without any guarantee of increased business.
(Personal Opinion)

Couldn't agree more....

Copied from Facebook:

**UPATE ON OVENS SC**

Hi all

Just got off the phone with Tesla again regarding the above. They are in discussions with the owner to ensure our needs, and the owners needs, are met so as not to inconvenience Tesla owners when we travel to the mountains.

They have asked me to ask all of us not to post further negative reviews about (un)Happy Valley anymore. The message has been well and truly sent to the owner now!!!

I am now removing my review as there is no need to leave a permanent b!tch slap in place. They know my thoughts. They also know we, Tesla owners, can rally together quickly and mobilise when required.

Going to ask everyone who left the negative reviews to pull them down now also. This will be a further demonstration that we can rally together and a group that is worth supporting.

Now we have sent the message loud and clear, let’s leave this with Tesla and I will post an update next week.

Tippo
National President
Tesla Owners Club Australia

Thanks Tippo/TOCA ;)

2. He needs to put up signage stating something along the lines “if no charging bays are available please speak to management on duty to have car moved”

100%. How else is anyone supposed to know that this is even a possibility? (Putting aside the question of how realistic this really is - what if the owner of the car is off somewhere else, doesn’t want to hand the keys over etc...). In fact, the sign should say sting like “Tesla vehicle charging. If all other car parks unavailable, non-Tesla vehicles may park here, but please register with reception”.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I've just seen this thread, Ovens is my local supercharger, not that I use it much as I'm charge rate limited to about 40-50kW/hr on superchargers.
The Happy Valley Hotel changed hands around this time last year. The previous owner had installed rooftop solar, reed bed sewerage systems and had negotiated the deal with Tesla for the Supercharger. It took AusNet 2 years to upgrade the local infrastructure so that the SCs could be installed or it would have gone in years ago.
The new owner took over just as the bushfires shut down the whole region, then the pub has remained shut or has operated in a limited way because of Covid. These signs have gone up just as the first tourist season of 'near-normal' business has arrived.
The SCs are often parked out, especially 1a and 1b as they are the only shaded spots in the car park.
My experience is that bar staff can locate the owner of an ICE if it belongs to a local, not much chance if it's a tourist

It's a daft spot for a SC as the Happy Valley Hotel has limited opening hours most of the week and it's a 3km walk to the nearest services in Myrtleford (that would be a far more suitable location).
Alpine Shire is planning to install some high speed chargers in Bright in the near future.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman