Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Over 100 attempts to bill me for FSD today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looked at Email and there have been over 1000 attempts to charge me on my Tesla billing account for purchasing FSD and for enabling rear seat heaters. Aside from calling my bank (no money has changed hands, and I certainly don't have $10K in the bank), at 2100 in Central Time Zone, there seems to be no way to contact Tesla. The "chat" line is closed, service is no help, so I guess I just sit here until tomorrow.
Oddly enough, about 1500 when this started, my other Tesla statred behaving erratically. A/C going on and off, horn honking, headlights flashing. All while my wife was driving. She looked at her phone, it happened to be set to my Model 3. She switched back to her car, and the mayhem stopped.
And it was about that time that all the attempts to charge my account started.
At this time, I am still getting email messages that "your purchase cannot be completed" about every 3 minutes.
I'm not afraid of losing any money, as the bank has shut off that account, it is just annoying as Hell that there appears to be no way of contacting Tesla other than requesting a callback the next day.
Whatta way to run a railroad.

Is it 100 attempts or 1000 attempts? Granted, both are excessive but one is more so.
Typing on my phone is a pain in the butt. Over 1K - One Thousand - 1000. Looking at several pages and some are two and three times in a minute.
The bank said they had gotten them as well, and of course, had forwarded them to the bit bucket. As I was talking to the agent at the bank, several more attempts came in. Obviously, something is wrong somewhere.
Tesla is shut off to my account for the nonce, and we have shut of the data sharing on both cars.
Thanks for pointing out the error. Doubt I can edit the title.

Finally got someone on the phone, spent over an hour being bounced all over Hell's Half Acre, and no one seems to be able to find the source of the charges.
They asked for a copy of the info from the bank with the attempts to charge. Oddly enough, my bank was very helpful, and send me as well as Tesla copies of the attempts complete with routing numbers and other banking info.

The bank rep today said their alarms immediately went off due to the amount ($11,100 something dollars), and then went to second and third alarm when repeated requests came in, some occurring thrice in one minute. And because of the obvious high index of bogosity, they were not charging me the usual usurious fee for "insufficient funds". $30 a pop, IIRC.

Tesla says they will "get right back to you"...

So I have opened an account at that bank solely for dealing with Tesla - Supercharging and any knicknacks I might buy. I'll keep $100 in it., just in case of Extreme Unction. Tesla account already updated, I'll drop by S/C just for a test later.

OBTW, they tell me that if you have no billing info or there is an issue with your billing info and you plug in, you will immediately be asked to fix that issue before you will get ary as much as a Joule out of the Joule dispenser. I thought you used to get a reacharound, but apparently no more.

I doubt if I will ever find out what happened, but if I do, I will update things.

Elon Musk sent an email to all employees on Friday asking them to "go super hardcore" to make up for the production challenges in the third quarter. Perhaps someone in add-on sales/billing got a little over eager. 😁

Given that you alone probably account for about 4% of all FSD sales for the Model 3, the least Tesla can do is invite you to the Giga Austin launch party.

Tha bank handed me a half inch thick stack of printout detailing each transaction. All from the same vendor account, Tesla. It definitely came from their system. Tesla steadfastly denies this. So I Fedexed the printouts to them per their request.
The thot plickens...

Well, Tesla is very proud to be the "disruptor".
In your case, they're doing a fine job of disrupting.

It sounds to me like there is a problem with your wife's phone. Maybe touchscreen issues? (Since her phone was making random changes on your car by itself.)

We haven't proved or disproved it was her phone or mine, and as to disrupting, I sent copies of the debit advice from the bank to Tesla. It references their debit system. Alas, Tesla confirms they have no requests from my devices, and Tesla denies the debit requests came from their system... "But we are checking on it". I asked it snyon else had had this problem, but "we can't comment on that, as it would involve other people's data..." Harrumph. Odd that it happened about the the day the new Tesla app appeared on our phones. So all passwords and Bluetooth pairings have been changed twice.

Sooo... a tempest in a chamber pot. I lost no money, nor did the Bank. The Bank is concerned, and I moved my Tesla account to a $100 balance account for
the monthly data service and Supercharging account, the Bank is monitoring it, and I am moving on to other weighty concerns.