TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Over 9 weeks Config and Nothing. Am I the only one? Silver 19" EAP

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SluyterCapital, May 28, 2018.

1. SluyterCapital

Configured on March 24th 2018 and it said 4-8 weeks delivery. I know about Tesla time so no lectures please. I am a current owner who reserved April 1 2016 and I am seeing many deliveries to non-owners with later config dates.
    I have contacted both my DS's in Toronto and Vegas with the same answer: "As soon as they know I will know". There is nobody up the food chain who can even check.

Who else is in my boat and when and what did your order? I am feeling lonely here.

Thanks

Paul

• Like x 1
  2. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Member

This is ridiculous. I saw a post from someone who ordered May 25th and already has a delivery date.

3. 1Step2NoGas

1Step2NoGas Member

The following is supposition only, NOT an excuse nor an explanation...

The only thing that occurs to me is that whatever car was assigned to you had issues that were caught during some internal inspection and couldn't be easily fixed (bad motor, bad battery, bad controller). Therefore your order is back on the queue to be filled. Further, if you had a less-popular but highly coveted configuration, that inventory being produced may not have any extras for re-routing.

On a positive side, I think that having your DS's actually respond is amazing. Now, if only they could provide you with more useful info.

I'm sorry you're in this position. Personally I would be despondent, then very angry. You're a current owner; You've bought the vehicle; You were told people such as you would have a higher priority on the configuration queue. You have every right to know when you'll be receiving it, at least a usable/predictable ballpark timeline.

• Like x 2
  4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Do you at least have a VIN?

5. SluyterCapital

No VIN

6. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

None in your account but did you try adding a HPWC to your cart and then checking there to see if the last 6 digits of your VIN appear? Or does it show your RN in the cart?

7. SluyterCapital

Yes, I do this 4x on average per day. Just checked and still no VIN.

The frustrating thing is that there is no one higher than the DS in the communications chain. They have no way of finding out. They say “It’s in production”. I have no idea what this means to me and no one to talk to. It cannot be escalated.

Any one else waiting this long?

Any ideas?

8. SluyterCapital

Thanks

9. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I'm sorry. I was really hoping that you had your VIN and just weren't aware of the HPWC trick.

The only thing I can suggest is to call Tesla Yorkdale and ask for Mandi. Ask her if she can look to see if your name is on her list for deliveries in June. I wish I could provide more helpful info.

Good luck!

10. SluyterCapital

I talked with Mandi about a month ago and she gave me the name of my DS which I talked with several times. I am on the list for June delivery. I am not in a hurry and have no issue waiting. I am grateful for Tesla and being able to afford one. I just don’t want to find out later that I fell through the cracks and should have done something earlier to rectify the situation.

My silver EAP on 19” is the least ordered configuration. Less than 3% based on my analysis.

I was hoping to connect with others to gain some more perspective or someone from Tesla would come across my post and do some digging. :)

Thanks

11. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

We ordered the exact same setup. My delivery is set for the 5th at 10:45 AM.... call someone

12. SluyterCapital

What were your order, config and VIN dates? Who is your DS? When you say call someone, Who? I have called my DS and Inside sales in Vegas.

13. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

I will PM you the information of the north American inside sales.

Config date was the 25th of and VIN is 29...

14. Tomayr

Tomayr Member

That is odd, I reserved first day, and configured March 28, and I have a June 5th Delivery. Mine is Pearl White/EAP/19's
    My understanding is there is trouble sourcing the 19's, and as a result it puts certain cars behind. They will do certain configurations in batches, but It really does not make any sense unless there was a VIN assigned to you, and something happened to that car or it was removed from the system for whatever reason and now it put you back in the line.

15. SluyterCapital

Problem is there is no one to tell me this. I guess I wait..... and wait..... Zzzzzzzzzz

16. bdfro

bdfro New Member

Paul,
    Did you get any answers? I am in a similar position to you. Configured March 28, MSM, aero wheels, and can't get an answer out of anyone regarding a potential delivery date.

17. SluyterCapital

None. Nothing. Nada. I sent emails to my Insider Sales Rep in Vegas and my DS in Toronto plus Toronto delivery general mailbox.

I think Elon's production hell has spilled over into delivery hell. I think the communications channels between manufacturing and delivery have no connection what so ever. Its crisis management. I hope I don't get burned in this delivery hell. :)

18. SluyterCapital

After TEN weeks I asked my DS in Toronto to escalate my lack of car. My DS escalated it and I was told today at 12:30 that Silver with Sport Wheels is not popular. Would I change my colour? Yes I said! I changed to Midnight Silver and within 3 hours I had a VIN 310** and we are arranging paperwork. Excuse the expression Holy *sugar*! Thanks to my DS and the rest of the Tesla Team for taking action. Much appreciated.

I was happy to change the colour because I was getting SCR (Silver Colour Remorse) and I was hearing that Midnight silver was nice.

Ok now I am happy again.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  19. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Glad to hear it!

20. Veedio

Veedio Member

Hopefully they do something extra for you after all this. Ask your DS.