Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Over ride speed sign detection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I wondered if a way to override the speed sign detection has been found yet? We drove up the A9 last week, where AutoPilot was previously pretty decent, but since the speed sign recognition it's turned into a complete pain.
It picks up these
View attachment 684404
at the end of each duel carriageway section (this one from here Google Maps), after which I can have auto steer at 50, press the accelerator to make auto steer work at 60, or put on TACC and do the steering myself. 1st world problems I know, but a step back from (now much) older versions without recognition which I could AP down most of the road other than choosing a lane at the start of each duel carriageway.

Is there anything I can do about it, other than wave a national speed limit sign on a stick in front of the cameras after each one?
I would love this as a feature though how to implement may be an issue. I have two spots on regular trips where the car gets the speed limit wrong (often, but not always). One is where a house has a large 45 painted black on white close to normal speed sign size and height (no red circle though). At least in this scenario, there is a 60 sign not too far up the road, so the over speed limit beeps don’t go for too long. The other spot is a real pain (end of a 40 Area zone in the Adelaide hills). No speed signs between this and home, so speed alerts repeat many times.

It would be great either to be able to temporarily suppress the speed limit warning (maybe an icon next to the speed limit displayed?) and have this only work until the speed limit changes again?. Alternatively a way to fix the wrong speed limit (perhaps an increment arrow left and right of the speed limit shown on the screen), and have the increments go in normal speed zone numbers (10, 30, 40, 50, 60 etc?)