Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overall great with just one complaint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had Tesla solar with one battery for about 2.5 years now. I got prolly 5 or 6 bids on solar before deciding to go with Tesla. They were so much cheaper than every other bid it wasn’t even funny.

Everything was and has been great except one thing. I’m not sure how much of this was my fault for being ignorant and not asking, but they probably should have said something to a first time solar buyer.

About a week after the solar system was installed, a family of pigeons took up residence under my panels. Super annoying since it was directly above my master bedroom. The cooing started at about 4am. They hadn’t installed any critter guard?!?

When I called Tesla about this, they wanted like $2.5k for pest abatement and critter guard install on my 3-story home. I ended up finding a local solar service company that did it for like $500 or $600. Don’t remember which but it was hella less than $2.5k.

Reactions: jboy210
I’ve had Tesla solar with one battery for about 2.5 years now. I got prolly 5 or 6 bids on solar before deciding to go with Tesla. They were so much cheaper than every other bid it wasn’t even funny.

Everything was and has been great except one thing. I’m not sure how much of this was my fault for being ignorant and not asking, but they probably should have said something to a first time solar buyer.

About a week after the solar system was installed, a family of pigeons took up residence under my panels. Super annoying since it was directly above my master bedroom. The cooing started at about 4am. They hadn’t installed any critter guard?!?

When I called Tesla about this, they wanted like $2.5k for pest abatement and critter guard install on my 3-story home. I ended up finding a local solar service company that did it for like $500 or $600. Don’t remember which but it was hella less than $2.5k.

TSLA outsources pest abatement here in AZ. They probably have a TSLA premium on pest abatement