TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Overall Ride

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Romand, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Romand

Romand Member

hey guys I have a facelift Model S with the Goodyear tires and the ride is very rough if i change the tires to brand new pierlli grand touring tires will it make a big difference to the smoothness or is that just how the car is?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Need more info.

19" or 21" wheels?
    Spring or air suspension?

3. Romand

Romand Member

19 inch wheels with spring

4. cab

cab Member

I dought you will see any material difference assuming you are on the Goodyear grand touring tires now. You could lower the air pressure 5 1bs for a day or so to see if that makes a material difference to get an IDEA of what a softer tire/sidewall might feel like. Check tire rack's reviews of the Pirellis and other tires to see how they rate for comfort.

5. Romand

Romand Member

the pierrli has the highest comfort rating but i want to know would it make a huge difference from mine standard good year

6. theheff

theheff Member

I'm curious to hear what you find out. I like the tighter feel of the standard suspension on the road compared the the air suspension that I had previously, but I'm not sure how much tires would change it. I'd like to install some Bilstein shocks once the factory ones are worn out.

7. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Interesting.

Just traded in my 85 with air and Michelins for a 75D with coils and the Goodyear Eagles and thought they ride was much tighter and quieter on the new car.

8. The Duke

The Duke Member

An expensive fix is forged rims ($4K) and two piece rotors ($2K). The lighter wheels and rotors have a noticeable effect on ride. Its still on the firm side, but better. You will get a slight increase in range as well.