Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overall Ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys I have a facelift Model S with the Goodyear tires and the ride is very rough if i change the tires to brand new pierlli grand touring tires will it make a big difference to the smoothness or is that just how the car is?

I dought you will see any material difference assuming you are on the Goodyear grand touring tires now. You could lower the air pressure 5 1bs for a day or so to see if that makes a material difference to get an IDEA of what a softer tire/sidewall might feel like. Check tire rack's reviews of the Pirellis and other tires to see how they rate for comfort.

I dought you will see any material difference assuming you are on the Goodyear grand touring tires now. You could lower the air pressure 5 1bs for a day or so to see if that makes a material difference to get an IDEA of what a softer tire/sidewall might feel like. Check tire rack's reviews of the Pirellis and other tires to see how they rate for comfort.
the pierrli has the highest comfort rating but i want to know would it make a huge difference from mine standard good year

the pierrli has the highest comfort rating but i want to know would it make a huge difference from mine standard good year

I'm curious to hear what you find out. I like the tighter feel of the standard suspension on the road compared the the air suspension that I had previously, but I'm not sure how much tires would change it. I'd like to install some Bilstein shocks once the factory ones are worn out.

An expensive fix is forged rims ($4K) and two piece rotors ($2K). The lighter wheels and rotors have a noticeable effect on ride. Its still on the firm side, but better. You will get a slight increase in range as well.