Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overcharging with 2020.48.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated my X to 2020.48.10 yesterday afternoon. I plugged it in before bed, scheduled charging started at 11pm, I received a notification that charging was complete at 312kms at 5:30am. I opened the app at 8:00am to warm up my car and noticed it had charged past the set point to 331kms (see attached). My vehicles have never charged past the set point in the past. Anyone else experienced overcharging with the latest 2020.48.10?

Attachments

• A9A70EDB-2374-498A-95D6-A1D4F6ACEED7.png
    A9A70EDB-2374-498A-95D6-A1D4F6ACEED7.png
    899.5 KB · Views: 97
Same here. Charge limit set to 80% and it now shows charging complete at 82%. This is the first charge since installing the .10 update.
I have seen my SOC wander 1 or 2% on occasion. I assumed it hit my limit when charging and moved after that. I don't know if it is temp or balancing resulting in the change some minutes or hours after the charge. I may look on TeslaFI raw data screen to see the 1 minute snapshots next time to see when it changes.

My Model 3's charge display looked almost exactly like the OP's on Thursday, but hasn't done it again since.

I have the same firmware as the OP.

My wife's Model X has not done it, but she is on older firmware.

Just noticed this issue this morning. I had been using Scheduled Departure charging (which used to work when set to 8 AM but not stops at 6 AM). Last night I switched back to "Start charge at 12:00 AM", and actually manually started the charging at 10 PM when I noticed the SOC was at only 4% (it was at 10% a few hours earlier). This morning I received the normal alert that charging stopped a 6:47am at 90%, but when I checked the app at 7:55am the charge showed 97%.