TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Overhead J1772s

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by TEG, Oct 22, 2011.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

Oh man... I can't believe I didn't think of this for my HPC. Instead I've been backing in so my charge port is by the wall where I did put the HPC.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I put my NEMA 14-50 on the center post between the two garage doors & plan on putting the HPC for the Model S up higher in the same location. In that spot it can easily reach the charge port whether I pull in or back in, in either garage bay. It's also easy to charge a car parked on either side of the driveway. (And as I found out this summer, it left the 14-50 in a good spot to run power for a mini-music festival.)

Of course this only works if you have a center post.