TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Overhead Tinting?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Dan Detweiler, May 26, 2016.

1. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Canton, Georgia
    Hey all you Model Xers. I am a Model 3 reservation holder and am somewhat concerned/excited about the solid glass roof that is proposed for the Model 3. While I love the idea of the panoramic view of an all glass roof, I have concerns as well. You guys deal with a similar situation and I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on this feature. In bright sunshine does it get hot inside the car? Is glare and issue? Have any of you gone with a tint for the roof to limit these issues? If so, what did it cost you?

There is also going to be a solid roof option on the Model 3 but I am concerned with headroom if the car has a normal headliner. I test drove a Model S with a solid roof and my head was just touching the headliner. With Model 3 being a smaller car I am concerned that headroom might be an issue for me. I am 6'3".

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Oct 24, 2015
    Irvine, CA
    I added an additional 10% ceramic tin to the top of the panoramic windshield and the rest of the glass on the car except the front driver/passenger door which was 30%. Total cost for the entire job was $700

Here is some shots of it:

Also some pics:

I also got the heatshield that has cutouts for all of the glass parts on the X. I got it for the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD

Attached Files: