Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overheat protection and Alarm change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Knowing that the cabin overheat protection used to be disabled when the alarm was activated since apparently the activation of the cabin overheat protection could trigger the alarm, I have been a good boy and have been turning off the alarm in the summer so that the overheat protection could do its thing and then turned the alarm back on in the winter when it wasn't needed.

I was scrolling through menu options recently and noticed that the settings seem to no longer conflict. There is no longer an explanatory bubble on the alarm warning of the incompatibility between the two modes. I don't remember this being a change but it seems as though it has changed. Has Tesla finally figured out a way for us to have our alarm AND overheat protection activated at the same time?

I have the standard alarm. Previously in the menu there was a little alert next to the alarm toggle that said the cabin overheat protection would not be functional if the alarm was activated. Previous threads on this forum explained that the overheat protection, if activated, could set off the alarm, thus it was disabled. That "alert" has disappeared on my car sometime over the winter in a firmware update, hence me wondering if there was a change. I used to not care about the alarm that much but since I have a radar detector always in the car I am much more invested in having the alarm active all the time now.

Hi all. Knowing that the cabin overheat protection used to be disabled when the alarm was activated since apparently the activation of the cabin overheat protection could trigger the alarm, I have been a good boy and have been turning off the alarm in the summer so that the overheat protection could do its thing and then turned the alarm back on in the winter when it wasn't needed.

I was scrolling through menu options recently and noticed that the settings seem to no longer conflict. There is no longer an explanatory bubble on the alarm warning of the incompatibility between the two modes. I don't remember this being a change but it seems as though it has changed. Has Tesla finally figured out a way for us to have our alarm AND overheat protection activated at the same time?
Can you help out an old man with CRS Syndrome?
For the life of me I can't remember where we used to enable/disable set the Cabin Overheat Protection. I saw my car was 116 degrees yesterday but can't find where the 105 degree protection was set. I thought it was in the app, but no soap. Did this function disappear along with readable fonts and green battery icons?
Thanks in advance,
-- Doc

20210520_151444.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: drdumont