TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Overheat protection issues

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kellogg76, Aug 28, 2018.

1. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

Is there some secret handshake to turn on the overheat protection?

Mine is on in the software, but right now the car is at 46C while plugged in and I thought it kicked in at 40C.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Why not post this to the Model 3 forum? It's likely not Canada-specific.

3. 1Step2NoGas

1Step2NoGas Member

My understanding from the release notes is: "When active, your vehicle prevents the interior temperature from exceeding 105F/40C for up to 12 hours after you exit your vehicle.”

So, I think this means that if you don't enter/exit your vehicle after the 12 hrs is up, the vehicle no longer continues to keep the interior cooled.

4. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

Agreed, but I exited my vehicle only about 5 hours ago so shouldn't it still be active?

5. 1Step2NoGas

1Step2NoGas Member

Yes it should. I am at a loss as to why not. I have monitored mine for this behaviour over many hot days and it appears to follow the 12hr window.

6. Muskol

Muskol Member

Do you have the 'No A/C' option set? If so, it won't be able to maintain 40 C

7. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

All else fails, try an MCU reboot.