Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

overnight charge more than was set.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 M3LR, Tesla home charger..I set it at %80 and went to bed. Woke up with %90. WTF? Why would it overcharge? Phone app also set to %80.
Anyone have this happen to them?
My Model S just recently started charging to 85% regardless of where I set the limit ((except when I set it above 85%). So, if it is set to 70% it charges to 85%! No recent software updates. Car is kep in a heated garage (50 deg F). Not sure what is going on. Another thread said a factory reset will fix the problem, but I would lose my history of fuel consumption which I keep on Trip B.

My Model S just recently started charging to 85% regardless of where I set the limit ((except when I set it above 85%). So, if it is set to 70% it charges to 85%! No recent software updates. Car is kep in a heated garage (50 deg F). Not sure what is going on. Another thread said a factory reset will fix the problem, but I would lose my history of fuel consumption which I keep on Trip B.
Same kind of thing on my Model 3. Going to drive some today and set it again and see what happens tonight.
docdac< how many times has that happened to you?

Last edited:
Same kind of thing on my Model 3. Going to drive some today and set it again and see what happens tonight.
docdac< how many times has that happened to you?

Every day for the past week. Maybe 6 times. I have been playing with it to see what makes it charge beyond 85 and if i can get it to stop below 85 (no). Soft reboot and deep reboot (power off) made no difference. I am reluctant to do a factory reset. I have a service center appointment in 2 weeks for an infotainment upgrade and will ask them to look at this too.