Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overnight charging - 0.2 Kwh every hour? - vampire?

ianto999

Sep 8, 2019
scotland
Hello
Newbie with Overnight charging question.
I set 00:30 as time (e7) and 80%, which it does, then every hour or so afterwards, teslafi says it is adding 0.2 Kwh or so.
I presume it is topping up to correct for losses from sentry mode etc?

Is there a way to stop this? Does it go on all day, as long as I leave plugged in? For example, if I go away on holiday, would it then also pull electricity at my daytime rate?

I'm keen to stop it doing enything as I also have a leaf which I'm planning to plug in via 13A ESVE for pre-heat purposes, but my garage won't take the load of both at the same time, so I need to make sure tesla won't charge at certain times?

ianto999

Sep 8, 2019
scotland
Thanks - found it after your suggestion!
Worth the tesla fi subscription just for that...
It's a bit weird that my 2011 leaf has more control than M3 in this aspect..
Ian

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC