Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overnight Charging in Smart Park Garages (PDX)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks!

Can't seem to find an EV friendly hotel in downtown Portland that isn't already booked for the weekend, so the current plan is to stay close to one of the Smart Park garages that has L2 in it. Anything I should know/worry about? Parking rates seem to be really inexpensive in Portland, so I'm not too worried there (probably less expensive than the hotel parking), and it appears almost all of the Smart Park garages have 24 hour access.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

Or you could park at PSU's Electric Ave (Montgomery & Broadway) at the most eastern j1772 (only one with a long enough cord to park front in). Overnight is free and daytime is upto 11hrs at one time. The lightrail trains are across the street and go EVERYWHERE in Portland.

There are tons of chargers in downtown Portland-- practically every parking garage has one. They are pretty much all pay ($1-3 per hour), but they are all over the place.

For example, the Fox Tower has several chargers, and I have yet to ever see anyone using them-- and I'm normally there on weekdays, when it is the most crowded.

There are at least a few chargers on the street as well-- I know there is one by the park blocks, close to city hall.

Assuming it's a Blink charger (what I typically see in Smart Parks), you will need a membership card. Even with that, you will be charged $1 per hour while plugged in, regardless if you are still charging or not. So be sure to monitor the charging and when done, go back and unplug unless you want to keep paying that $1 per hour.

I did something similar when I went to Seattle. Parked at Pacific Place as it was cheaper then any hotel garage and was able to charge overnight while I was staying a few blocks down the street.

Cool - thanks for all the tips on Smart Park and Blink. There is a garage a block away from the hotel I'm staying at so I think this will all work out well. (and may be cheaper than hotel parking too). I've got to do a lot of driving during the day while I'm down there, otherwise this would be a non-issue. I'll post to Phil's thread on an update on how it went.

And OT, but how about PDX and cheap parking rates! Way to go!