Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overnight energy usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I pulled out a thumb drive from my MS and it was extremely hot. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it will play through a bunch of MP3s overnight as well (even though I pause it and the car is off). I understand this to be a bug related to scheduled charging. But the hot thumb drive really illustrated how much energy it is probably wasting every night in my garage...

OT, but are people usually using thumb drives for music instead of streaming via bluetooth from their phone?
Absolutely. With thumb drives you can play lossless music--and it actually sounds good. Tesla's audio system is very much GIGO.

Also it's a pain to stream from the phone because you have to tell it to stream every time you get in the car.

I don't have this problem. Songs start where they left off when I shut her down. I wonder what's causing that.

Until 6.X the songs stayed where they were. It's a bug--and quite an annoying one.

- - - Updated - - -

I use both Slacker and Tune-in streaming and USB, but more streaming than USB. I don't stream from my phone due to poor quality via Bluetooth. So I can't comment on that.

OT, but are people usually using thumb drives for music instead of streaming via bluetooth from their phone?

Last edited: