TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Overnight test drive option

Discussion in 'Model X' started by byan1232, Oct 7, 2016.

1. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Hey guys,

Fellow Model S 90D owner here. I am really considering putting down a deposit for the Model X but would like to get a better idea of whether or not it will be a good fit for me.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the option to get an overnight test drive of the Model X.

Current driving habits: I dont drive during the week but take long trip during the weekends :p

2. disagree

disagree Member

I was given a Friday-to-Monday test drive in August.

Would've ordered one on the spot upon return if the salespeople weren't so off-putting.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I also had a Model X from Friday night - Monday morning

4. byan1232

byan1232 Member

@disagree Did you have to call in advance to set that up?

5. Hendry01

Hendry01 Member

We got it for the 4th of July weekend. You will have to work with your sales adviser.

6. disagree

disagree Member

They actually called me -- I think because I had been in once for a regular test drive but had never come back.

It ended up being a giant pain in the ass to schedule -- they were completely disorganized and shockingly incapable of keeping track of schedules and information.

But! In the end, despite starting out pretty annoyed, we loved having it for a weekend. Seeing how it worked with our routines, hauling our family of 5 around, pulling it in the garage, etc. Really helpful. If I needed a new car, I'd have ordered one. But I'm in no hurry to deal with the delivery issues I predict at this store, so I'll wait until the urge is overwhelming (almost there, too. :) ).

• Like x 2