Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overstay Charge - But I didn't overstay!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't a issue about cost but procedure

Back in March this year, I charged my M3 at the Grantham SuC. The first charger that I tried to connect too didn't work which was probably why it was available as all the chargers were full at the time, one became available and I successfully connected and charged my vehicle by 35Kw. Within 10mins of my failed first charing attempt I was notified by the Tesla app that I had been charged £1.20 idling fee for the first (but failed) charge, but as this was my first "idle fee" the fee was waved.

The question I have is; who would I complain to if I wanted to question the fee/issue?

Many thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure why you have waited for over 2 months if you received a notification 10 minutes after the overstay. I guess you can contact Tesla SC for advice but my guess would be that you waited too long so they cannot even pull up the data from your car and the charger. So, maybe just live with the £1.20 charge and act quicker next time?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why you have waited for over 2 months if you received a notification 10 minutes after the overstay. I guess you can contact Tesla SC for advice but my guess would be that you waited too long so they cannot even pull up the data from your car and the charger. So, maybe just live with the £1.20 charge and act quicker next time?
The fee was waived anyway (from OP)

Reactions: DaSwede
Upvote 0