Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OVMS box has stopped working :(

When powered on, it shows two flashes from red and green, a pause from red while green flashes once and then red and green on together for a few seconds; then 10 flashes from green; the 10 flashes repeat a few times' and then the whole cycle repeats.

I have checked the SIM card and it's working fine.

Do I read the manual correctly to deduce that the modem has failed? In which case am I marooned high and dry until OVMS makes it out of development? Or does anyone know how one can resurrect/replace the modem?

Please forgive the duplicate post - i think this got lost in the middle of another chain.

I had this issue on my ovms when I first got it, don't know if it's related.

Connected to the car it produced the same led sequence as you, but on my bench with a serial debug cable attached it started up no problems.

After some investigation I found that when powered thru the OBD port a lot of non-readable characters was produced on the modem RX line, confusing the modem. The quick fix was a pulldown resistor on the rx/tx lines and it has worked without a flaw afterwards.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak