Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my OVMS settings for a standard charge on plugin.

I want a one time Range charge tonight. Can I just do that manually from the app, or will my ACC settings override that?
If you start the charge manually, it should work. I had some trouble with my ACC cooldown causing problems when I came home, plugged in, and tried to start a range charge. The cooldown kept taking over.

If you want to schedule a range charge, you should probably disable ACC first.

In case someone else encounters the same problem:

the RS got serviced today, and 12V battery replaced. OVMS came back up nice and easy, but refused to show temperatures of motor, PEM and battery.

I simply disconnected the 'vga' connector and plugged it back in after a few seconds. OVMS unit rebooted and afterward everything was fine :)

the RS got serviced today, and 12V battery replaced. OVMS came back up nice and easy, but refused to show temperatures of motor, PEM and battery.

If that happens, try calling up the temperature display and the VDS, or going for a drive.

I simply disconnected the 'vga' connector and plugged it back in after a few seconds. OVMS unit rebooted and afterward everything was fine :)

I think maybe co-incidence. The temperatures come from an uncommon bus message and sometimes you need to call up the display on the VDS for them to start correctly (particularly if the VMS has been rebooted).

Any chance the app could revert to port 80/443 as a back up if the default one fails?

Not easy. The server would have to be listening on those ports as well, but they aren't. Even if we switched to 80/443, the protocol is not HTTP/HTTPS so that probably wouldn't help if there is any effective upstream blocking/restrictions on outbound ports.

I know several of us are using H2O Wireless $10 prepay SIM cards. Recently, I started getting a text after every txt to or from the OVMS module giving me my remaining balance. Has anyone else encountered this? Any way to turn that off? I didn't see anything on the H2O Wireless website to disable it.

I know several of us are using H2O Wireless $10 prepay SIM cards. Recently, I started getting a text after every txt to or from the OVMS module giving me my remaining balance. Has anyone else encountered this? Any way to turn that off? I didn't see anything on the H2O Wireless website to disable it.

I set my notifications via IP and now get these "texts" as App messages.

There is a function where the module will forward incoming SMS messages to you as PUSH notifications. Most likely the module is getting an incoming SMS message. I don't see any user-configurable way in the code to disable that.