Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like even after texting the following, ACC was still stored in the car.
-acc disable (Answer: acc disabled)
-acc clear (acc configuration cleared)
-acc nothere (acc not at this location)
-acc stat (acc status #0 state: free)

There still seems to be the former stopsoc limit stored in the car, due to this the charge starts, and stops immediately.
After I removed the stopsoc limit, the car charges.

So my new question is: How can I disable ACC? Usually the car should charge to soc 65, but on weekends I want to be able to do a complete charge. ACC disable would be the command for this, correct? But I obviously did something wrong, as ACC didn't get disabled.

Thanks. I was concerned because it shows

Data Balance N/A

Rather than how much I have left out of 100 mb. I went through $1.60 doing the initial setup, but there were a lot of text messages.

Does it show your data remaining on the h2o wireless site?

I just realized why H2Owireless doesn't show the data balance remaining. It is $0.10 / MB flat rate at $0.05 / SMS. So, there isn't a data counter. Each MB takes out $0.10 from your account balance. So, yeah, once you use a bunch of SMS messages to get it setup, the data usage should be very, very low cost.

Anyway, maybe that was obvious to everyone else, but I thought I'd make that clear.

Unrelated question.... I also happen to have an extra OVMS 1.0 lying around that came with the car. Can it be programmed to get GPS from it's own radio? I was thinking of sticking it on my other car, just as a car tracker, since it is so cheap to run with H2OWireless.

Unrelated question.... I also happen to have an extra OVMS 1.0 lying around that came with the car. Can it be programmed to get GPS from it's own radio? I was thinking of sticking it on my other car, just as a car tracker, since it is so cheap to run with H2OWireless.

Do you mean the old v1 hardware (big white box)? If so, no the module doesn't have GPS at all.

The v2 hardware does include GPS, and there are some experimental vehicle types to act as trackers.

I notice that the OVMS gives me one set of figures for ideal and estimated miles in the battery, and the car gives me a different set of numbers.

Should these be the same or is there a different calculation being used...and which do people find the better forecast?

I notice that the OVMS gives me one set of figures for ideal and estimated miles in the battery, and the car gives me a different set of numbers.

Should these be the same or is there a different calculation being used...and which do people find the better forecast?

The figures should be identical. They come from the same CAN bus messages.

I suggest you double-check that the App is online to the car (green antenna) and if you see a difference, get a screenshot of the App and pictures of the VDS showing estimated and ideal ranges, then send to support (at) openvehicles (dot) com along with your vehicle ID and the date/time/timezone you saw the problem.

Regards, Mark.

@samc: thank you - perfect guess! I hadn't realised that the car had to be awake to give accurate figures.

It really shouldn't. If the car is giving you figures (ie; you are sitting in it and viewing the screens), the car should already be awake. Similarly if you are charging, the car is also awake. The only figures that are affected by car awake/sleep are the temperatures and tpms (which show in gray colour if the figures are stale due to the car sleeping).

It really shouldn't. If the car is giving you figures (ie; you are sitting in it and viewing the screens), the car should already be awake. Similarly if you are charging, the car is also awake. The only figures that are affected by car awake/sleep are the temperatures and tpms (which show in gray colour if the figures are stale due to the car sleeping).
If I get this again I'll take the requested pictures. It did puzzle me.

The figures should be identical. They come from the same CAN bus messages.

I suggest you double-check that the App is online to the car (green antenna)
Regards, Mark.

I Agree with Mark. On my Android app. It gives me the time in days, minutes, or seconds since the app was online to the car. When it changes to "Live" the SOC will update. The wake up command only affects the temps, and tpms as Mark stated.

Thanks for the thanks simonog but I was mistaken.

Here I can tell the figures can be off by 1km. The car shows 305km range and the app 306km for example. But this must be the conversion miles/kms, the same reason why the ODO meter sometimes jumps 2km at once.. The ovms is more precise than the car. I only use SMS though on my Windows Phone, so I always see realtime data.
I do have the Android app (emulated on my Windows laptop) and it loses connection after a while, so it stops updating. Then it can show different figures.

Here I can tell the figures can be off by 1km. The car shows 305km range and the app 306km for example. But this must be the conversion miles/kms, the same reason why the ODO meter sometimes jumps 2km at once.. The ovms is more precise than the car. I only use SMS though on my Windows Phone, so I always see realtime data.

Everything on the CAN bus is in miles, so yes there is a conversion to Km. We try to make it as close to the car, but there can be rounding up/down differences. We think our algorithm is better than the car's - there is a whole developer's eMail thread on how to quickly multiply by 8/5, using only integer maths on an 8 bit microprocessor ;-)

Everything on the CAN bus is in miles, so yes there is a conversion to Km. We try to make it as close to the car, but there can be rounding up/down differences. We think our algorithm is better than the car's - there is a whole developer's eMail thread on how to quickly multiply by 8/5, using only integer maths on an 8 bit microprocessor ;-)
I love it: takes me back 40 years to writing assembler and using bits to store data. XOR was a useful operator :)

If I am sitting in the car, I assume that it is awake, although the phone app I realise may not yet on line so could have a delay.