Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS Module and Cooldown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried SMSing the ACC STAT, ACC PARAMS? and ACC ENABLE commands to the car and it does nothing. I just see it as a text message push alert in the OVMS app. It's coming from the registered phone and other commands like STAT work fine.

What am I missing please?

I've tried SMSing the ACC STAT, ACC PARAMS? and ACC ENABLE commands to the car and it does nothing. I just see it as a text message push alert in the OVMS app. It's coming from the registered phone and other commands like STAT work fine.

What am I missing please?
Did you update the firmware? ACC only works with the special Tesla version of the firmware, which is not pre-installed.

It took me a helping hand from Mark to realise I had to blow the chip.

i have an interesting mini issue: when parked in my garage the OVMS module gets a mediocre reception both of GPRS and GPS.

some of the time ACC queries will tell me about charging parameters I have set up for a scheduled charge then a few moments later it says that there is nothing at location #0.

it sometime does the scheduled charge, and sometimes doesn't.

is it possible that if it has not got a real time location when the clock ticks over a minute change, it will miss the charge kickoff? If so, would it be possible for the next firmware to cache the last seen location? The car should surely be pretty certain where it is or was just now and especially if stationary!

is it possible that if it has not got a real time location when the clock ticks over a minute change, it will miss the charge kickoff? If so, would it be possible for the next firmware to cache the last seen location? The car should surely be pretty certain where it is or was just now and especially if stationary!

We pretty much work off wherever the car says it is via the GPS messages on the CAN bus.

The ACC location stuff does work only when the car is driving (ignition on). It sees if you enter a known ACC location and acts appropriately.

If you don't specify the location to an ACC command, then it will use the 'current' location (the location the car is currently in). If that returns #0, that means it doesn't think it is in an ACC location.

Hi,

I've got ACC working. It reliably opens my apartment complex garage door now when I drive up, but by the time I drive through the underground garage and park, the cooldown doesn't work. It worked the first time I programmed the location. I set it right outside the parking garage door, where I still have cell phone service. Once I get into the garage, cell service is spotty. If I text the OVMS right before entering the garage to request cooldown, it works.

Is there something I'm missing about how cooldown with ACC works?

I have two different locations I've programmed to try and get it to work. The homelink started working when I programmed #2:

ACC #2 GPS redacted Enabled Cooldown Homelink #1 Charge at plugin Mode: standard (0A)

ACC #1 GPS redacted Enabled Cooldown Homelink #1 Charge at plugin Mode: standard (0A)

I got it to register the current location where the charger is, and it is
0.00012 , 0.000216 degrees off from ACC #2.

Is there a way to increase the radius for cooldown? Or should I keep adding locations until I cover all the GPS possibilities in my garage.... Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update:
It is definitely at ACC #2 right now while charging. I deleted ACC #1, since ACC #2 looks closest to the real location on google maps and to the current location.

Any tricks to get it to engage cooldown automatically? Drive in the ACC zone, trigger homelink, park, key off, open the driver door, open the trunk, get out cables, open the charge door, plug in. Seems like the obvious way to do things...

Does anyone know what temperature the Motor should be at rest? When I look at OVMS after the car is parked overnight after 14 hours it shows the PEM, motor, and battery with temps...

Is this the temp NOW or 14 hours ago when we shut the car "off"? (Like the tire pressure)

Untitled by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We seem. Be getting some weird ideal mile losses the past week and I'm trying to figure out if I need to do cool down or if it's age...

Does anyone know what temperature the Motor should be at rest? When I look at OVMS after the car is parked overnight after 14 hours it shows the PEM, motor, and battery with temps...

Is this the temp NOW or 14 hours ago when we shut the car "off"? (Like the tire pressure)

Once the car goes to sleep, the numbers appear grayed out to show they are stale. You can wake up the car (tap the trunk, and choose WakeUp). Within a couple of seconds of that, you should get bright white up-to-date numbers. Car will go to sleep again 5 minutes later.

• Informative
Reactions: ViviV