Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OVMS Module and Cooldown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I’ve been trying to set the Cooldown parameters, but I get the error listed here: Parameter key not supported.
Those parameter settings in the app remain from the v2 implementation of OVMS and not all of it has been ported over to the v3 implementation. In particular, ACC is not there yet. I've done some work on this, but that got deferred by another project. Planning to get back to it now...

I was getting this error too. I ended up changing the settings via the command line:

config set xtr cooldown 1
config set xtr cooldown.current 12
config set xtr cooldown.templimit 31
config set xtr cooldown.timelimit 60

Just go to "tools > shell" in the web interface of your module and enter those commands and it should work.
Note that it is not necessary to explicitly set all those cooldown parameters. If you have not set them and you give the command "config list xtr" you won't see any cooldown paramters listed, but that just means the default values are in effect. The values @m1k3 set are the same as the default values.

Thanks @m1k3 and @slcasner. I made the Cooldown settings via the command line, but it’s only partially working for me. I set current to 16A, templimit to 25C, and timelimit to 60. But when I list parameters it still shows blank (default) values.
D62AFEE1-DD8C-4C67-94DD-FDDD0F975D94.jpeg
The weird thing is that when I start a Cooldown, and I request a status, it shows that my parameters are set.
12BFFB00-5F36-4A36-95C9-98691B412716.jpeg
Unfortunately, even though the status shows my parameters (25C), the cooling stops at the default value of 31C. Even though the AC stops cooling the battery when it gets to 31C, the Cooldown session continues until it hits the 60 minute limit set in the parameters. So the battery continues to charge in range mode for the remainder of the 60 minute Cooldown session.

Any other suggestions to help me to get this working?

As I said previously, the parameters shown in the app reflect the v2 parameter implementation. The parameters are handled differently in OVMSv3 and it has not all been backported into the v2 server code so you should not expect the new parameters to be visible in the app.

In my tests with cooldown I have found that the car's algorithm must consider the battery to be cool enough when it reaches 31C. The trick of switching into and out of range mode is how OVMS tries to tell the car to cool the battery, but what the car actually does is determined by its own algorithm. Mark describes it as voodoo.

Makes sense….. it is version 3 and I have done that. Can I change the target cooldown temp and time period cooldown runs in version 3?

Yes, these can be changed. Bear with me, I'm doing this from memory, so it might not be exactly right.

I set the temp limit to 30, rather than the default, this has always worked well for me.

Use the command "config set xtr cooldown.templimit 30" (obviously, substitute your own value for 30).

Similarly, the time limit can be set with "xtr cooldown.timelimit"

You can check that it is set with the command "config list xtr".

NOTE: There will be no value reported for the defaults, only for the values you explicitly set.