TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OVMS v3.1 install

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Bunnak, Aug 13, 2019.

1. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

I really haven't tried any from Amazon. Not sure of the quality. The connector we use is standard SMA, so any antenna that meets the frequency requirements should be ok.

No experience with it, so can't specifically recommend it, but I did see this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Antenna-T-Mobile-Cellular-Amplifier/dp/B00TI1WF64

that looks close to what we have from China (and has the same adhesive mounting system for our preferred Roadster rear window install. Frequency range is stated as 698-960 MHz, 1710-2170 MHz, 2300-2700 MHz. OVMS US SIM5360A modem is GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz; UMTS/HSPA+ 850/1900MHz, so that seems to match.

Of course, there are those US$100++ meter long fibreglass poles, but those might be overkill ;)

2. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Thanks Mark!

3. hanknum

hanknum Member

Just ordered my OVMS today, so I will be reviewing this thread when it comes time to install mine.

4. markwj

If anyone has problems, just let me know. For Roadster owners, I am willing to pre-configure these in Hong Kong, so it is mostly a matter of just physical install in the car (and following some other simple instructions for App and Hologram account setup). PM me (before you buy) if you need this.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. hanknum

hanknum Member

Hi Markwj,

My order did not go through. So, if you could preconfigure one for me and let me know how you want me to order, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Henry Chin

6. im4uttx

im4uttx Supporting Member

This worked extremely well for me...thx Mark.

Attached Files:

7. markwj

Very glad to hear. It was good to see you connect your App while the module was still on my bench at home in Hong Kong. We got to make sure everything was working well, prior to shipment.

If anybody else, without much technical expertise, needs this pre-configuration, let me know.