Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Own up, who was this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
unless things have change 25 over the limit is a court case and 30+ over is generally a ban. So those three listed are all above the usual just give them points/send them on an I've been naughty course. But ... 94 over ..... um ..I dunno what you get for that.

What do you mean, "normal"? o_O

Is it normal to break the law everywhere over there?

Having driven for 2 weeks around Florida just before Covid kicked off, it seems that it is very normal to set the max speed at 5 mph over the speed limit - of which there are many (45, 55, 60, 70 mph) and constantly changing on a drive in any district. Even 10 mph over seemed fairly common, but I gather you are then risking a ticket.

Explains why there is a setting for default mph over speed limit in the Tesla

Having driven for 2 weeks around Florida just before Covid kicked off, it seems that it is very normal to set the max speed at 5 mph over the speed limit - of which there are many (45, 55, 60, 70 mph) and constantly changing on a drive in any district. Even 10 mph over seemed fairly common, but I gather you are then risking a ticket.

Explains why there is a setting for default mph over speed limit in the Tesla

I get that. He's talking about 52% over the speed limit which is somewhat different!

I like the comment from someone on one suggested punishment:

"An ban on owning anything bigger than a 1.1 engine in the future might be a good one in these cases and be good for car sales..."

um technically............

... and anyway many ICE 1 litre cars these days are as fast as a 1980s hot hatch ... well able to blitz the speed limits.