Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Own up, who was this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The extra mirror on the passenger door was an even bigger giveaway. But she didn’t see either of these things.

No, she wasn’t asked why she was out, but this was the day before the “lockdown”. The met have since been stopping cars for that reason though, an undoubtedly not winning themselves any new friends in the process. I’ve yet to see any sign of it myself though, and I’ve been out everyday.

But, the newfound focus on Corona may well mean that she, and the oiks who were the prompt for starting this thread, may we’ll get away with it. Even before this crisis the backlog of cases for the courts was already far too big to get all cases through in time before they lapsed and no action could be taken. I was a witness in a case to a cut and dried case of dangerous driving with several aggravating factors last year that they only just squeezed in at the 11th hour. They had already warned me it would probably be dropped due to time elapsed.

Now factor in the closure of the courts, resources from traffic units being diverted, and shifted priorities once the judicial system does restart, and I’ll bet that quite a few of these little everyday offences will slip the net, including the headline grabbers above, and hopefully (for the sake of my insurance premiums) the little case of a lone woman ‘making progress’ on an otherwise empty road.