TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Owner, 1st day line waiter, still can’t order. Please post here.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dtv425, May 21, 2018.

1. dtv425

dtv425 Member

I’m noticing on the forum there are a lot of non-owner that got their order in for the AWD. I’m a Tesla owner, stood in line on the 1st day, got my M3 invite back in December, and still not able to order the AWD. If you’re in the same boat as I’m, please post here with your original invite date so perhaps Tesla will look at this post and fix the glitch.

2. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Call Tesla. Posting here will do nothing.

3. dtv425

dtv425 Member

Posting here will confirm that it's not just a glitch on our computer and we're not the only one.

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I am in the same boat as OP.

5. dannykott9

dannykott9 Member

Same. 1/4/18 original configuration date.

6. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

8. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

#8 Moderatefan, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Yep, whomever is close enough to the start of the line(East coast first) should be able to configure soon. But all owners were invited for First Production, which means that majority of them don't qualify for AWD yet.

However, there may be a way to cheat the system ;)

Per Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation
    I.e. if you've put an order in and dont have a VIN, you may jump the line. If you don't have an order in and you put one in today for RWD and then call them to replace for AWD, then you can tell us all whether that worked out for you or not :)
    There's a chance it will for the first few people before they put a stop to it and you'll be stuck with RWD.

9. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Day 1 pre-reveal online reservation, current Model X owner. Online for me has consistently said mid 2018 and so far it seems no owners have been able to configure, even those who were second in line. Does anyone think they might offer white interior with non-p AWD for owners, make those first, and just send out invites later in like a week? Or some other incentive? I think it's odd that all these AWD orders say 12-16 weeks until delivery. Assuming they start being made July 30, that's still only 8-9 weeks until delivery. So why say 12-16 for the non-owners? It's like they're accounting for owners ordering, but for some mysterious reason have deliberately held off with the configs. Why I wonder?

10. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Which coast? If people were reserving for hours before you got a chance to do it, it does not make you 2nd.

Again, the line is generic. There's no more owners vs non-owners.

11. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

A couple other people have said they were second in line and haven't gotten a config. I'm an owner who reserved online.

12. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Which is fine, but it still doesn't get you anywhere. Calling Tesla will get a ball rolling at least.

13. aaydemi

aaydemi Member

Owner, line-waiter on 3/31. In SoCal. Original invite 12/14/17. Not able to click on AWD option.

14. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

Day 1 at the Reveal Event -- offered to configure on 1/4, but still waiting for my AWD/P option.

15. Adeon

Adeon Member

Day 1 reservation holder non owner. 12th in line Los Angeles. 2/22/18 email to order

16. lapolak

lapolak Member

#16 lapolak, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Not a day one reservation holder but I ordered in the early morning of 4/1/16 in Los Angeles. May - July delivery window -- still waiting for config invite despite many with this date having already been invited. Original date was January - March.

17. untilcomplete

untilcomplete Member

My delivery estimator also changed to Late 2018. The configurator AWD option states Mid-2018.