Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner, 1st day line waiter, still can’t order. Please post here.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m noticing on the forum there are a lot of non-owner that got their order in for the AWD. I’m a Tesla owner, stood in line on the 1st day, got my M3 invite back in December, and still not able to order the AWD. If you’re in the same boat as I’m, please post here with your original invite date so perhaps Tesla will look at this post and fix the glitch.

But they are day 1 line standers. That’s pretty far up. Owner or non owner status put aside.
Yep, whomever is close enough to the start of the line(East coast first) should be able to configure soon. But all owners were invited for First Production, which means that majority of them don't qualify for AWD yet.

However, there may be a way to cheat the system ;)

Per Changes to invite priority, now only effected by date/time of reservation
We have become aware that there are many people who have made a reservation of the current model 3 and are calling in to change their reservation to the AWD or Performance version - which would essentially allow them to jump the line on receiving their vehicles earlier. We are allowing all who haven't received their VIN or Delivery to do so at this time, however reserve the right to change this direction if necessary.

I.e. if you've put an order in and dont have a VIN, you may jump the line. If you don't have an order in and you put one in today for RWD and then call them to replace for AWD, then you can tell us all whether that worked out for you or not :)
There's a chance it will for the first few people before they put a stop to it and you'll be stuck with RWD.

Last edited:
Day 1 pre-reveal online reservation, current Model X owner. Online for me has consistently said mid 2018 and so far it seems no owners have been able to configure, even those who were second in line. Does anyone think they might offer white interior with non-p AWD for owners, make those first, and just send out invites later in like a week? Or some other incentive? I think it's odd that all these AWD orders say 12-16 weeks until delivery. Assuming they start being made July 30, that's still only 8-9 weeks until delivery. So why say 12-16 for the non-owners? It's like they're accounting for owners ordering, but for some mysterious reason have deliberately held off with the configs. Why I wonder?

Not a day one reservation holder but I ordered in the early morning of 4/1/16 in Los Angeles. May - July delivery window -- still waiting for config invite despite many with this date having already been invited. Original date was January - March.

Last edited: