Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner change & [email protected]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla raodster shows up (after the registration change) about 2 months after application on the online (web) Tesla account page but the phone ap so far at least is a no go...Roadster models don't event appear to be able to pulled down. But there are different apps depending on phone or whatever so others may have different experience but for me phone ap was MIA for my roadster.

As it's not 2 months past yet (but close)...I'll just wait and see.
And for the time being the former owner sends me the info's through whatsapp...but it would be nice to get and request the service info's directly. (I see no other use for the app)
...but calling them is just too painful
During my last visit the guy at the service center couldn't do it...it has to be done via email.
As Tesla Switzerland is having some legal issues at this point I'll not bother them with my minor "problem" and enjoy the fantastic car.

I just call to make a service appointment. My question still stands, does anyone have their car in the Tesla App. I’m not sure there is a reason to and if so where are they in the world.
I can no longer get through to anyone at my SC now... The app is the only option to schedule service for our vehicles, which is very inconvenient esp when my wife and I have our own app accounts and I'm trying to call in and schedule her car for service (I've even begged with one of the new sales people up front but they've refused to walk 10 steps back to service bay and talk to someone for me.

I can no longer get through to anyone at my SC now... The app is the only option to schedule service for our vehicles, which is very inconvenient esp when my wife and I have our own app accounts and I'm trying to call in and schedule her car for service (I've even begged with one of the new sales people up front but they've refused to walk 10 steps back to service bay and talk to someone for me.
At one time you could go to the tesla.com/support page and there was a "Chat" button at the bottom. I don't see that anymore, replaced with a "contact us" form and (as usual) dead air afterward.

This past time I scheduled mine by driving to the SC in person. That worked.

At one time you could go to the tesla.com/support page and there was a "Chat" button at the bottom. I don't see that anymore, replaced with a "contact us" form and (as usual) dead air afterward.

This past time I scheduled mine by driving to the SC in person. That worked.
That is the only way that you can talk to someone quickly, but for us it's an hour drive. Might still be quicker with how their phone hold times have been

That is the only way that you can talk to someone quickly, but for us it's an hour drive. Might still be quicker with how their phone hold times have been
About 20 minutes for me, but still a big inconvenience. But, yes, the hold times for their support line is bad. I was on the "having trouble charging" line for over 20 minutes last Friday, because the loaner Model S they gave me while my Roadster was in for its annual couldn't be charged because it didn't come with a J1772 adapter. It was down to 62 miles and sitting in the sun because it didn't fit in the Roadster's spot in the garage (Duh). Didn't know if it would make it to Monday when I hoped to exchange vehicular hostages. (Answer was "probably not", so I had to drive it down to the SC, which was the nearest supercharger, fill it up, and drive back home. That's 2 hrs of my life I won't get back...)

Oh, and to the topic, Tesla's internal database system seems to be having trouble. I haven't actually paid for the annual (don't even know what the total cost will be) because they are getting some sort of error when they pull my info up. It's been fine for the past nearly 4 years, but apparently some old info is now in there from the prior owner (wrong city for me), etc. It's affecting some number of customers. Several other Roadster owners, he said, but not exclusively Roadster, as they said there was a Model 3 in there too.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
...and all of a sudden...
Tesla account.jpg
:)

I finally got an "automated" response from [email protected], but won't know until someone actually responds whether it is the correct email for ownership change. The automated responding email address was [email protected] so another option.

It appears the [email protected] email address did get the job done. My roadster shows up on my Tesla account now, but cannot yet access it on the Tesla app. Could be a delay between it showing up in the Tesla account and getting access in the app, so I'll try again after a week or so.

In July I sent a request to Tesla Tech support to ask how I can schedule service for my Roadster since it does not appear on the app. A month later I received the following response:

"Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. As we continue to grow and deliver more vehicles, we are working to keep up with the needs of every one of our customers. Sometimes, we are not able to keep up with those needs as quickly as we would like to.

We apologize that there has been a large delay in responding to your email. For appointment booking for your roadster you would need to contact our Customer Support line since you are not able to self-schedule through the mobile application. To reach our Customer Support please dial (877) 798-3752.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Regards,

Cyrill | Service Support
5350 Rue Ferrier, Montreal, QC H4P 1L9, Canada
p. (877) 798-3752 | [email protected]"

I've owned my Roadster for nearly 10 years, and it doesn't show up in the app (but my wife's Model S does). I assume that there's just no support in the app for Roadsters.

I make service appointments by email or phone. Or, really, just take it to Carl Medlock, because Tesla has not the slightest idea what to do with a Roadster anymore.

Does anyone's Roadster show up in the app?

• Funny
It appears the [email protected] email address did get the job done. My roadster shows up on my Tesla account now, but cannot yet access it on the Tesla app. Could be a delay between it showing up in the Tesla account and getting access in the app, so I'll try again after a week or so.

The Tesla App does not support roadsters; you won't be seeing it there, and won't be able to book a service appointment for it via the mobile app.

I've owned my Roadster for nearly 10 years, and it doesn't show up in the app (but my wife's Model S does). I assume that there's just no support in the app for Roadsters.

I make service appointments by email or phone. Or, really, just take it to Carl Medlock, because Tesla has not the slightest idea what to do with a Roadster anymore.

Does anyone's Roadster show up in the app?
my SC assures me that there are experienced roadster technicians still working there, however I hesitate to believe them as everyone and anyone I got to know over the last several years with any tenure has been let go or re-located

my SC assures me that there are experienced roadster technicians still working there, however I hesitate to believe them as everyone and anyone I got to know over the last several years with any tenure has been let go or re-located
I have a bit the same feeling and I'm hesitant to bring the Roadster to the SC...due how much time they can spare for such an old thing?...now with all the Model 3's coming in?...I assume it will be just replacing and $$$ (I still hope I'm wrong)

I agree; I had to get new TPMS sensors, and they refilled the tires to 30 psi in the rear as well as the front. Plus they did a "courtesy" refill of the windshield wiper fluid, and did not put the filler cap back on, which led to the washer not working - no pressure. This is just basic stuff!

• Informative
So does mine, yet my car has not recovered from the "Service" a few weeks ago. A/C overtemps, and now the PEM is running in the yellow (and power limited) just cruising up the hill. They did more damage and stress to the car than what(ever) they fixed. It goes back on Sept 4th. (I had to drive to the SC to make the appointment, then ended up limping home.)

Based on my experience , I told the service manager that, if I had a choice, I would NOT bring my car there. They are overworked, understaffed, and the communication lines between the front desk folks and the ones doing the work, and between the entire company and the customer, are absolutely broken.

I have the roadster on the online account at tesla after ownership change, downloaded ap but it doesn't appear there, so to the ap the roadster doesn't exist. I am curious also if anyone in this forum has (as also asked earlier in this thread) been able to get their roadster to show up in the tesla ap?
My point is I don’t think the roadster will ever turn up in the app, nothing to do if it’s usefulness is minimized, rather non-existent. I’m wondering if anyone actually has their roadster registered in the app.

I have the roadster on the online account at tesla after ownership change, downloaded ap but it doesn't appear there, so to the ap the roadster doesn't exist. I am curious also if anyone in this forum has (as also asked earlier in this thread) been able to get their roadster to show up in the tesla ap?
I don't believe Tesla's smartphone app includes any knowledge of the Roadster. Certainly, it cannot access the car, as the Roadster pre-dates any of the Tesla-provided customer-access capability. Tesla themselves used to have access to the car, but that capability went away with the 2G cellular network.

That said, it is possible to access the car remotely. Check out the OVMSv3 product (several threads on the topic).

While it can take several days (or weeks) to transfer ownership, if you can contact the previous owner, they can give you access to the car in the app instantly. Once you create an account, the previous owner can then add you as a secondary contact for the vehicle. If they have multiple cars on their account, they can limit which car you have access to and the change happens instantly. You can then log into the app and see and control the car, receive notifications, etc.

Assuming that’s your only car. I have a new Tesla on my account in addition to the one I was selling.

Use Chat to get your owner Transfer into the queue.

• Disagree
Reactions: MorrisonHiker