Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner change & [email protected]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming that’s your only car. I have a new Tesla on my account in addition to the one I was selling.

Use Chat to get your owner Transfer into the queue.
As I stated earlier, there are checkboxes so you can limit access to specific cars. We have multiple Teslas and have been able to limit access to the specific car whenever we sell one.

Of course you should contact Tesla to officially transfer ownership but you can instantly give the buyer access to just the one car they are buying.

Reactions: mswlogo
As I stated earlier, there are checkboxes so you can limit access to specific cars. We have multiple Teslas and have been able to limit access to the specific car whenever we sell one.

Of course you should contact Tesla to officially transfer ownership but you can instantly give the buyer access to just the one car they are buying.

Good to know thx.

Good to know thx.
Here's an example:
upload_2019-9-12_13-23-33.png

and I'm still waiting for my ownership transfer to be processed...this was from ~3 weeks ago, after waiting 3 weeks from a previous email and 2 weeks from first contact through the new roadster support email:
Hello Mark,
We have been experiencing delays with Roadster Ownership transfers. Once we have confirmation that your request has been completed, I will update you.
Best Regards,
Matthew Krahn
[email protected]
45500 Fremont Blvd Fremont, CA 94538​

I've now been waiting to get it added to my account for about 4 months since original email to the old email support. Perhaps after the end of the year Tesla will be able to process something...

I've now been waiting to get it added to my account for about 4 months since original email to the old email support. Perhaps after the end of the year Tesla will be able to process something...[/QUOTE said:
I sent a copy of my DL and Reg to [email protected]
Although I never heard back, the next time I called the SC for an appointment, they knew who I was. I didn't have to give the name of the original owner. That said, I can't use the app to schedule appointments (I don't think any Roadster owner can). The SC uses text messages to keep me filled in and that works well for me.

and I'm still waiting for my ownership transfer to be processed...this was from ~3 weeks ago, after waiting 3 weeks from a previous email and 2 weeks from first contact through the new roadster support email:
Hello Mark,
We have been experiencing delays with Roadster Ownership transfers. Once we have confirmation that your request has been completed, I will update you.
Best Regards,
Matthew Krahn
[email protected]
45500 Fremont Blvd Fremont, CA 94538​

I've now been waiting to get it added to my account for about 4 months since original email to the old email support. Perhaps after the end of the year Tesla will be able to process something...
I used the above email address for Matthew Krahn and got a response the same day asking for copy of title and driver license, sent them and that afternoon got a response back from him stating the change would be finalized in 5-10 working days. Things maybe getting better at Tesla!!!!

Reactions: AtAge19
I used the above email address for Matthew Krahn and got a response the same day asking for copy of title and driver license, sent them and that afternoon got a response back from him stating the change would be finalized in 5-10 working days. Things maybe getting better at Tesla!!!!
I sent all that stuff in 5-6 weeks ago. The last response is the quoted from Matthew Krahn in early December.

If you get the roadster added to your account, let us know. It's not on my account yet....

Reactions: AtAge19
I sent a message on Sunday and got a reply within 24 hours

Please note the doc requirements for anyone looking in the future. You can save yourself some time and send them with your request.

AccountSupportEMEA <[email protected]>
Mon 1/13/2020 3:33 AM

To set up your Tesla account we kindly ask you for the following details:

- Proof of ownership
- If a company is the owner please provide proof of company ownership
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Full name
- Full address
- Mobile cellphone number
- Email address for your My Tesla account.

Have a great day and if you have any further questions please let me know by replying on this email.

I sent a message on Sunday and got a reply within 24 hours

To be clear - they have not processed my paperwork. After the FAST 1st email it is 8 days and counting with no reply (I sent back all the documentation). I'll report back here when they eventually register my car.

I need to get the car inspected in a couple weeks and don't want to deal with an Indy and jacking the car so I am hoping they get it transferred so I can schedule the inspection in early Feb.