TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Owner feedback on satisfaction with 5 seat configuration?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Rdparker, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Rdparker

Rdparker Member

2. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Check out this thread. It has a lot of comments on the 5-seater. But the most pertinent are on the last page. There are comments from a couple of people that got deliveries today. If you've been following the controversy over the 5-seaters, those comments show that Tesla has redesigned the transition from the cargo area to the 2nd row seats. Much to the better in my opinion. Take a look at the post by beths11 towards the end in particular.

My concerns about the 5-seater have completely evaporated and I can't wait to get mine. I think the 5-seater is much better suited for this size car. To my taste, I think three rows are too much to cram into the X unless you have small kids that will ride in the 3rd row.

Model X 5 Seat Deliveries

3. azbob

azbob Member

I just ordered a 90D with a 5 seat configuration. For me, I like having the utility of an SUV with a flat folding 2nd row which the 6 seater did not have. There was a 5 seater at the Tesla sales office near me which I was able to demo. It was missing the panel but I was able to test the comfort of the bench seat. I found it to be comfortable and liked that you can recline the backrest of the bench seat with ability to separately recline both the 60 and 40 split seats. I like to go camping and am anticipating being able to put a air mattress in the back for occasional sleeping if I don't want to set up a tent.

• Like x 2