Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner not getting owner priority due to technical glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to get some opinions on this:
I took off work and waited in line at the Dallas store to reserve a model 3 on the first day. I'm a huge fan and also owner of a model S. I was excited to have an early reservation as well as owner priority.

I have not been invited to configure.

I called several weeks ago, and they confirmed that my orders were on the same account and said they will send a note to IT and that I would get an invite to configure with the next batch of invites. That has not happened.

I called again, and the rep was really casual and didn't really care. He said it's a case by case basis and I should wait until the date that my account says.

Some more background, according to the tracker for my store: all owners have been invited, and some non-owners. Am I right to be upset? Elon promised owner priority, I feel a bit screwed over. Any ideas on how I can escalate?

Wanted to get some opinions on this:
I took off work and waited in line at the Dallas store to reserve a model 3 on the first day. I'm a huge fan and also owner of a model S. I was excited to have an early reservation as well as owner priority.

Not sure if it helps or annoys, but I placed my reservation on 1/3/18 (knowing that I didn’t want one for a while anyway) and was surprised to see my ready to order notification show up ~6 weeks later on 2/15/18. My MS is vin 29XXX.

Yes, I've confirmed that non-owners in my store have gotten configuration invites. I've also logged in and it shows a March-May estimate. I find it mind boggling that they can't propertly manage these reservations...it's doesn't sound like rocket science to me...

Yes, I've confirmed that non-owners in my store have gotten configuration invites. I've also logged in and it shows a March-May estimate. I find it mind boggling that they can't propertly manage these reservations...it's doesn't sound like rocket science to me...
Call again. I had the similar issue where they applied my ownership status to the wrong order (one was placed on day one and another in Aug 2017). Ultimately an inside sales advisor escalated it and had it fixed so that my earlier reservation was prioritized. Took about a week, but that triggered my invite back in Jan.

@kptesl you're a first day line waiter and a Model S owner? I would think you would have received an invite by now. We are MS owners and didn't put our reservation in until Aug 2017 so were understandably at the end of the owner line. We got our invite on 2/14. The batches of invites after that were non-owners. How long have you owned your MS? Did you get it before or after 2/14?

From what I could tell I believe they periodically update changes to their database (ie. people buying MS/Xs, cancelling reservations, new orders) so if there was a mistake on your database entry, it may take a while for the system to get refreshed (ie. we ordered In-store but for some reason they didn't have our Model 3 order linked to our Model S in our My Tesla account so it didn't get priority until they updated records which took a good number of weeks). Does your My Telsa account show both cars? In our case we knew we were at the end of owners or close to it, so while a bit anxious to see our priority and delivery estimate fixed, we knew we had a wait. Considering you were a 3/31 line waiter, I do think you should have received your invite by now.

FWIW when I call a company's customer service and encounter a rep that either sounds like they don't understand my issue or they say they can't do anything and I think they should be able to, I'll hang up and call back and may times get another person to speak to who might be able to help. If I really believe something can or should be done and they still can't, sometimes they just don't have the authority to do so and then I'll ask to speak to someone higher up that might.

Last edited: