Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I received an email for survey to complete from Tesla. I've owned my M3 for just over 3 years and I'm finally getting a survey on my ownership experience... I have an appointment on the 30th to have a few warranty issues fixed as well as a recall item, so I thought I'd wait to complete it.

Has anyone else received such a request?

Tesla Survey.jpg

In a way, I sort of understand this....

At a "regular, legacy" dealer ( read anyone but tesla) those surveys from the manufacturer about service are basically used as weapons against the dealerships. Anything other than a "perfect" score on a survey is used to reduce amount of money the manufacturer kicks back to that dealer for sales, etc.

Also, in general, the salesperson you deal with gets dinged on whatever little commission they were going to make (pre "this crazy car market") even if you give the sales staff a 5 out of 5, but mark down the dealership because the finance office tried to railroad you into stuff you didnt want, or because the lobby was not as clean as you thought it should be.

ANYTHING other than "5 out of 5" is basically "0 out of 5" and many people will not give perfect scores on surveys out of principle. so they are used basically by the manufacturer to take money out of the dealers pockets.

They are one of the biggest scams going in the sales process at a regular dealership (those customer service surveys you get after buyiung a car).

Since tesla is the actual seller and manufacturer, they might actually use those surveys..... however they are not going to staff up to cover what is actually needed, so while its not the same type scam as the regular survey, it probably does the same amount of good changing anything (none).

Reactions: Jo060
I got one of those surveys for the heinous 2021 M3P we had that had so many issues. In the area in that survey where you could "tell it in your own words".....I did just that😂 I was polite and professional up to the signature part where I said "Get your *sugar* together Tesla!!"

I'm sure someone in CA got a laugh out of that.... "Sugar" is not what I typed 😭