Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner Vehicle Information Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After Bardlebee suggested using a "Googly Document" to aggregate information posted in the Decreasing rated range thread, I decided to take a shot at creating it as a Google Form. Before I knew it, a few hours had passed and I ended up with a something quite a bit more broad than I had originally set out to create. I've included some elements of the Battery table, Order & Delivery Tracker, and Plug-In America survey that I considered to be relevant for the information I wanted to include. I'm pretty happy with the result given the limitations of the form and I'm taking it to the next level by giving it a thread.

The advantage of a form is that data doesn't need to be manually entered by a contributor, which is why I think it would be great for the Order & Delivery Tracker to adopt a form so Alain13 and MidlifeCrisis don't need to constantly stay on top of it (thanks guys!). However, I understand how it can be compiicated to give automatically entered data a custom makeover (e.g. moving between sheets, etc.) without breaking anything like the ability for participants to edit their entry.

Comments and suggestions can be posted here and any regulars who would like to help maintain and improve it by becoming a contributor can PM me. I hope you like it!

Model S Owner Vehicle Information Survey

Last edited:
2 things. Form is good for first entry but important to be able to update range info over time to seek correlations. Also, as I noted before, only way to make this happen is for someone (or a group) to step forward, extract data from posts, hound owners to fill in missing data and provide updates, and finally analyze this info to seek correlations and meaning. Look at this thread Lifetime Average Wh/mi and the work of @jeff miller to see example.