Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would chime in here with my experience buying a "CPO" 2015 P90DL recently. Overall, I'm very pleased with my experience despite some of the horror stories I've read on here. Each step was pretty smooth except for some coordination with the delivery advisor which I'll detail more below. The condition in the photos was exactly the condition when I went to go pick up.

3/7: After about a month of searching, I finally place a deposit on "the one". The pictures showed 1 dime sized ding on the bumper, 1/2 inch of curb rash on the rear passenger wheel, a couple rock chips and a couple interior scuffs. All normal wear and tear in my opinion. These pictures were much higher quality than most of the other listings too.

3/8 (Friday): Used Sales Adviser contacts me and we discuss delivery vs pickup out of state and some other items. He was very responsive and answered any questions I had. I complete some of the paperwork on the Tesla account like insurance, drivers license, etc. He then says I will be contacted by the delivery adviser (DA) within 24 hours

3/11 (Monday): I had not heard from anyone though I figure it was because it was a weekend. I ask sales when I would be contacted and again I was told within 24 hours

3/12 EOD: Still have not heard from anyone and send another message and again he said I will be contacted within 24 hours

3/13: Finally hear from DA. I ask to change from delivery to pickup to make it a mini roadtrip experience and avoid waiting 3 weeks for delivery. I then ask about range of dates that I can pick up but he doesn't really give me a clear answer, because he is not sure when the car will be ready for delivery but in general he said it will be ready in less than a week. I explain saying that I live out of state and need to buy tickets at least 7 days in advance to avoid high prices. I end up picking 3/22, telling the DA, buying a plane ticket, hoping that the car will be ready by then.

3/14: Car has been funded by myself and my bank. All steps complete from my end.

3/15: DA says 3/22 will not work because the location is already booked up for appointments. This would have been nice to know earlier. I changed the pickup to 3/21 since I could fly in and go straight to Tesla provided no hiccups along the way.

3/21 (Day of pickup): Fly into Orlando (geez, there is a lot of traffic and tolls here), arrive at the dealer about 30 mins early. We sign a couple papers and I look at the condition of the car. It was pretty much exactly as described in the photos (no better, no worse). Along with the exterior/interior condition, it came with 2 fobs, parcel shelf, UMC bundle with adapters, software was up to date, supercharging enabled, etc All the things you all told me to check were working/present! There was a message about the key fob battery low but I fixed that once I got home (just remove the battery, pop it back in, then lock/unlock the car)

3/21 - today: Roadtripping, supercharging, loving the car :) I'm a diehard ICE enthusiast ever since I had a Countach poster hanging on my wall as a kid. Always drove sports cars, loved modding / repairing cars but the S just fits into my life so well as a daily driver. It's funny, modern ICE cars are trying so hard to be smooth and quiet like an EV that they end up just being boring. There's not many new, affordable ICE cars that are truly exciting IMO. So why not try something that is inherently smoother/quieter/quicker if it works with your commute/routes/lifestyle/etc

Acceleration is just so smooth and effortless. Loads of practicality, great looks, and cheap "mpg".
Never had range anxiety during the roadtrip back, the built in Tesla app nav works fine except for lack of waypoints. Wind noise at 70mph+ is a bit higher than I'm used to but maybe it's because it's amplified to due no engine. Roadtrip copilot (brother) is equally impressed with his first time driving a Tesla but I'm hoping he will buy a roadster instead :)

Just want to say thank you to everyone on the forums here, there is so much great info. Looking forward to ownership.

Attachments

• IMG_20190321_163222.jpg
    IMG_20190321_163222.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20190321_163238.jpg
    IMG_20190321_163238.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20190324_205929.jpg
    IMG_20190324_205929.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 382
Reactions: Pismo and trident
I'm very curious to see how your sales advisor will handle those issues. Was the car delivered from another state? Curious about your order to delivery timeline. Im currently waiting for a 2014 Model S to ship from Vegas to NJ. I plan to make final payment when I go pick up the car. Thanks,and beautiful car.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now! I heard from my sales advisor last week. He wanted me to send him pictures of the defects that were not shown in the initial photos. A day after I sent him the photos, he called me and said that "the team responsible" for reviewing these issues had decided that they should indeed be covered on the Due Bill and I should expect a call from my local Service Center to schedule a time to correct them. I have yet to receive the call, but hopefully it'll be pretty painless!

And yes, my car was coming from Minneapolis to San Antonio, which is how I'm guessing the chipped taillight happened.

I had to pay beforehand since Texas is a no sale state, but I'd imagine it would be just as smooth in person!

Nice car. Question, did you notice these items when you picked it up or after the fact? I would hope they would fix them, but I haven't dealt that much with Tesla.

I noticed the taillight immediately when doing my walk around. I pointed it out to the Service Tech who was giving me my walk around/keys and he said he couldn't do anything but to contact my sales advisor. This may be different in other states but since I had to pay before taking delivery, I didn't have much wiggle room (and I really needed a car lol)

I have a spreadsheet with all of my events in the CPO process from putting the deopsit down to picking up the car. I'm going to make a post once all the repairs are done and I get my permanent tags so people can have an idea of what to expect.
Also, finally got a decent picture

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 348
For anyone who's seen my previous posts listing all the issues with my recently purchased CPO vehicle. Here's another to add to the list. Got a message saying "Acceleration is reduced. Please contact Tesla service". The car doesn't accelerate at all. My VW GTI is faster right now. I am so mad. Texted the sales agent immediately. Didn't get mad just explained the situation. She called me immediately (to my surprise) said I have a good claim for a buy back. Her manager will call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: EdA
For anyone who's seen my previous posts listing all the issues with my recently purchased CPO vehicle. Here's another to add to the list. Got a message saying "Acceleration is reduced. Please contact Tesla service". The car doesn't accelerate at all. My VW GTI is faster right now. I am so mad. Texted the sales agent immediately. Didn't get mad just explained the situation. She called me immediately (to my surprise) said I have a good claim for a buy back. Her manager will call me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
This sucks so bad for you. Knowing how excited I am to pick up my "used" model S today, I can't imagine your disappointment. I really hope Tesla makes it right for you. Do us all a favor and plaster that VIN on this site if they buy back so no one else gets it.

Our CPO Delivery 4/3/2019

We flew to San Diego early Wednesday morning. We arrived at the delivery center before it opened, A delivery advisor saw us with our bags and opened the door for us. He got the coffee ready and soon he came out, and started the delivery process. Gave him my name, our appointment was for 12:30pm. He said don’t worry, will get it going. Within minutes he came out and said they had completed a safety inspection on the car and it would take them about an hour to have it ready.

The car was pulled to the parking at 11:30am. Wow! What a beautiful car! Colton spent over an hour going over the car’s software and use. I had spent hours watching YouTube videos and after answering all my questions we headed north to visit family in Santa Clarita.

Overall the car is in excellent condition, expected of a 2015 with only 12,000 miles. There are 2 small items in the paint that I did not see in the photos they sent me. Colton said he would go look at the photos and let me know. He came out and said you can see the small hood scratch in one of the photos, if seen on a computer. He sent me the photo and agreed to look at it on my computer when I get back to your home in Dallas.

66435CA8-9ADA-4E83-8138-97E8B99F31EB.jpeg

Mechanically the car is perfect! Used autopilot on the drive from San Diego to Santa Clarita and loved the feature. Worked perfectly. Once we got on the freeway even though I had my hand resting on the wheel it kept telling me to grab the wheel. Seems just resting your hands on the wheel is not enough, so now a wrap my fingers around the wheel and squeeze in to apply pressure.

Here are some photos.
CFAB651C-D9AA-47B4-A951-6D164EB27C46.jpeg
DC7EC5DA-3242-426D-B64A-F764E838F30B.jpeg

995CBE7A-C31F-4677-AEE3-50BAF2C60895.jpeg

Charging in Temecula.

46BD96E5-52DD-44F2-8D17-8951E174BB69.jpeg

Driving from Santa Clarita to Palmdale.

5EA69C1A-F357-4393-9757-33938D401A59.jpeg

Amazing car!

We flew to San Diego early Wednesday morning. We arrived at the delivery center before it opened, A delivery advisor saw us with our bags and opened the door for us. He got the coffee ready and soon he came out, and started the delivery process. Gave him my name, our appointment was for 12:30pm. He said don’t worry, will get it going. Within minutes he came out and said they had completed a safety inspection on the car and it would take them about an hour to have it ready.

The car was pulled to the parking at 11:30am. Wow! What a beautiful car! Colton spent over an hour going over the car’s software and use. I had spent hours watching YouTube videos and after answering all my questions we headed north to visit family in Santa Clarita.

Overall the car is in excellent condition, expected of a 2015 with only 12,000 miles. There are 2 small items in the paint that I did not see in the photos they sent me. Colton said he would go look at the photos and let me know. He came out and said you can see the small hood scratch in one of the photos, if seen on a computer. He sent me the photo and agreed to look at it on my computer when I get back to your home in Dallas.

View attachment 394281

Mechanically the car is perfect! Used autopilot on the drive from San Diego to Santa Clarita and loved the feature. Worked perfectly. Once we got on the freeway even though I had my hand resting on the wheel it kept telling me to grab the wheel. Seems just resting your hands on the wheel is not enough, so now a wrap my fingers around the wheel and squeeze in to apply pressure.

Here are some photos.View attachment 394283 View attachment 394285

View attachment 394282

Charging in Temecula.

View attachment 394287

Driving from Santa Clarita to Palmdale.

View attachment 394288

Amazing car!

Congrats! Car looks awesome

Reactions: rafacq
New to the forum but I placed my order Saturday night for a CPO P90D. The car is located in Massachusetts and I'm in Alabama so I have a feeling this may be an adventure.

I don't have a show room near me, closest one is Atlanta. Should I have the car delivered there and drive it home? Or just let them bring it to me?

So far order placed on Saturday night 4/6, I have already received the email from my sales adviser Gilbert Ornelas. I have to say he has been excellent with communication and has answered all my calls when I have called his cell phone. Super impressed with him. All my docs are in so now we just wait.

Amazing car!

The trick is a bit of turning torque (just a bit of resistance). Squeezing the wheel will not help.

Reactions: rafacq
Took delivery early February of a CPO 2015 85D.

Arrived at the delivery center saw the car and saw so many dents and scratches not shown on the photos in the listing. Luckily I emailed the sales advisor asking if the car had any dents, scratches, etc. (During the buying stage) He said car was completely clean and if otherwise they would be fixed free of charge.

After a month in the body shop all was fixed and looked brand new on the exterior.

I wanted all work done because I had a plan of what I wanted my S to look like and I can say it's finally done and share with you all

Enjoy some before and after pics. Interior was also wrapped to match exterior but I'll post in another thread and I reached the max limit of pics haha!

E475DDF3-AC90-499F-89E0-D1CBA835952D.jpeg
18DAE182-DA64-47B6-B85C-52180055AAA5.jpeg
92667001-6093-45BA-A3BF-8B64633C4B14.jpeg
C91395C6-2F67-4455-8984-B72D5C776EBB.jpeg
9BE6DEEB-A3AA-4701-B7BD-DF3914B3EF70.jpeg
CC0F3054-C01D-4D17-A22D-DDB94460AD58.jpeg
05334F8F-A633-4B53-A1ED-771BC701C635.jpeg
9C3BBEC9-5FB2-42D0-AB47-1C26C204F55F.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FFB9D1A-01E7-4F8B-B0A2-E32E09BB50FB.jpeg
    7FFB9D1A-01E7-4F8B-B0A2-E32E09BB50FB.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 262