Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery early February of a CPO 2015 85D.

Arrived at the delivery center saw the car and saw so many dents and scratches not shown on the photos in the listing. Luckily I emailed the sales advisor asking if the car had any dents, scratches, etc. (During the buying stage) He said car was completely clean and if otherwise they would be fixed free of charge.

After a month in the body shop all was fixed and looked brand new on the exterior.

I wanted all work done because I had a plan of what I wanted my S to look like and I can say it's finally done and share with you all

Enjoy some before and after pics. Interior was also wrapped to match exterior but I'll post in another thread and I reached the max limit of pics haha!

View attachment 398917 View attachment 398918 View attachment 398919 View attachment 398920 View attachment 398921 View attachment 398932 View attachment 398933 View attachment 398934

what does a wrap job like that cost? is there any issues with the sensors around the car when you wrap?

Hi,
I'm Olivier from France. I'm a new owner of a used P85+ , received wednesday. It's a car from Belgium.
It will replace our toyota prius. It is the grand sister of my 2014 renault zoe. So now we are full electric !
It is an exceptional car, we are in supercars: accelerations, air suspensions, panoramic roof, beautiful interior finish carbon, black leather and alcantara with red edging. I do not see what it has to envy to BMW / Mercedes / audi. I find the inside superb, and the night is a festival of small beautiful lights (I discovered that last night). I love it :)
The huge tires in 265 are not more expensive than the Michelin EV of my zoe!
The full cover insurance costs € 740 / year
Free superchargers
Spotify
It does not consume more than my zoe Q210 according to my first runs
I even called the Tesla Certified Bodybuilder on Bordeaux for price ideas. A completely redone wing is 600 €, so it's like with steel bodies contrary to what many people believe

In all transparency, I noted these small flats:
big car for europe
no simple speed limiter as on the zoe (must go in menus and set a maximum speed allowed)
no preconditioning button on the beautiful remote control
it is quite firm (a little too much for my taste)

I hope that I will not have any expensive repairs

tesla-10.jpg

20190910.jpg

when my son discovered the car :

Hi all,
After 6 weeks of waiting period for the administration to import the car from Belgium, I finally received the officials papers that blocked me to drive the car in France.
My son learning German since the beginning of the school year, we had planned a roadtrip to go to my German friend (my former German correspondent who has a boy of the same age) for the end of october. The departure was scheduled for Wednesday, October 30th. Wednesday morning after breakfast and shower, I load the luggage in the toyota prius. I like the prius but have a P85 + and go to the land of unlimited motorways in prius, how to say ... I was sad. Really sad.
Before departure, while the children are getting dressed, I read my emails from the night / early morning. And there big surprise, the police department informs me that my provisional certificate of registration awaits me in my account space on their website! "Children, we're not leaving right away, daddy has something urgent to do!"
I pay the € 2 of the registration, and I download and I print the pdf. I call the insurance, in 5 min it is set, 733 € / year all included (I had studied the thing, must say that I had the time). I download and print the pdf. Long live to the internet!
"kids go into tesla, you can take everything you want there is room!" The freestyle scooters? In prius the scooters are limit too long in the trunk, there they seem very small in the model S. I run the 3 suitcases on it, the trunk is half filled. The under truck is almost empty (just the universal mobile connector). And the frunk is empty.
We leave without licence plates to the auto parts shop, in 15min the licence plates are made and put, and it's gone!
The battery was 30% because the car was in "long term storage" and because in case of theft I told myself that it was better that the thief does not go far with.
It's gone for the roadtrip! And there from the renault zoe, we enter another dimension: In the navigation of the car, destination Villefranche sur Soane (~600miles), to spend the night at a friend's house. Stop of 30min necessary to the supercharger of Mérignac. The car indicates the necessary duration of the break and the number of terminals available in real time. It will be like that for each supercharger, I did not know that !
There I discuss with a tesla taxi that is 330,000km (~205.000 miles). "Have you had ever breakdowns?" "yes a doorknob". Hope mine is so reliable !
And go to the next supercharger. Small acceleration out of toll, I talk about the kilowatts (310kW, 420hp) is a rocket.
The superchargers and the connected car that takes them into account, that's what all the others miss. And the car is an extension of the house: unlimited spotify with a sound of a quality that I did not know before, it's very nice. The air suspension is a real plus, the car is a flying carpet, we are in his lounge chair on the highway. At 130kmh (~80mph) it is very quiet. The computer has a forecast energy graph to destination, absolutely essential and great coming from the zoé where before I calculated "well there I am at 23kWh / 100km, I have 150km left to do, the car indicates 40km of remaining autonomy, etc ... ", zoe I was always calculating while driving, there the computer has all planned and warns if I have to slow down to reach my destination.
During the charges in the car there are video games and spotify in the tablet, the kids do not want to get out of the car!
I insist, the computer tells me that we have only 50min to eat, must fissa, the car eats faster than us. We go to the novotel. "It'll cost me an arm." Not even! there are snack menus not more expensive than in the gas stations. "Are you charging?" "yes" "you are entitled to a tesla discount, -10%". Shocked.
There in the lounges there is a xbox with forza motorsport open access. There is a coffee table that makes touchpad (a dream of geek), My children alternate between the game of cars and angry birds. They do not want to leave. We did not have swimsuits, shame there was a pool! (the app indicated by a notification that the car was ready for a long time to continue the road)
Gas stations by Elon Musk, it's something!
Well I summarize quickly: 4 half days of driving + small runs on site in Gärtringen + VilleFranche on Soane (my friends) in this spaceship. Impossibility of charging at home there.
3100km (1900 miles) whithout preparation, 8 € of charges (2 small saving charges on izivia charging stations FUNCTIONAL), my bladder having less autonomy than the car and not liking to finish at 110kmh to reach the supercharger.
On-site free recharges everywhere like zoé (supermarket, city center, museums), even on a red industrial plug (the car is provided with the red adapter)!
In Germany I made several hundred kilometers on unlimited highways, it's funny, at first we have the impression that we do something wrong. The consommation climbs for several minutes 60kWh / 100km. But the general autonomy does not come down much faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred42
Must say that we come down from time to time at French speeds when fiat panda passes an other car for example
In Germany, the tesla fascinates, everyone looks at it, it shows the finger. "Ach diese Amerikanishen! Ach das ist ein Franzose!". Very few ElektroAutos there, I saw in all and for all a zoe, a smart, a model 3, but some plugin hybrids. We went to Motorworld Böblingen, a kind of huge luxury garage restaurant where rich people leave their luxury cars in wintering and maintenance, we admire porsche, mercedes, lamborghini, ferraris, etc. who spend their time waiting for their owner to stroke their rims. The tesla was parked in front of the windows (in charge of course), the people were looking at it and talking about it as if it were part of the exhibition! (It was obviously the best car of all).
At a traffic light there is a guy in jaguar S type V8 (304ch) who wanted to test an acceleration. He must still cry. Ach diese elektroAutos!

I returned yesterday, the icing on the cake is what I filmed near Clermont:

It must be said that according to RTEECO2MIX (essential app) the wind turbines were producing at this time at 7.5GW!

I weared my best t-shirt (my creation, it's important to assume his convctions):
20191110.jpg

My old tesla of 2013, 202.000km during my first charge (125000 miles):
20191012.jpg

Come on, I'm honest, she has negative points:
- A little too firm for my taste (the seats) is the sport version. I'm getting old.
- it does not record the charging points unlike the renault rlink! And it only knows the superchargers and destination chargers, not the other charging stations. So at my friends' home, you had to use the smartphone chargemap app + waze
- a little big but for the moment it did not spawn me at all
- the car has more autonomy than my bladder Very Happy

It recharges faster than my phone (yet samsung with fast charge qualcomm QC), I tested the comparison during a super charge
3000km (1926miles) for 8 € of expenses (avoidable expenses if you have a good bladder or if you drive a little more slowly than me)

roadtrip tesla is caviar, especially since I was conditioned by the zoe, range anxiety, I do not know!

(Bjorn Nyland is only a small player, for those who know)

Picked up my new "2020" MS Long Range on Oct 24, took it straight to detail shop for front clear bra wrap, ceramic coating, chrome delete (satin grey), and window tinting. Replaces my 2016 MS 75D. Love all the updates made since 2016, especially having the Model 3 front motor. Just got a software update giving it 3% more power/range :).View attachment 476292 View attachment 476294 View attachment 476295

Very very pretty. As someone here said, you chose the correct color.
I'm waiting for Tesla to ship my 2016 Red 75D. The wait is killing me. I still can't believe I'm actually buying one :D

Took delivery of my 2020 Model S LR from Kansas City yesterday and drove back to Arkansas. Very pleased overall, a good delivery experience. A few niggles to sort out but will get those done in the next few weeks. Got to try the supercharger at Joplin on the way back as well. It worked fine but was next to an abandoned hotel that looked like a scene from the Walking Dead.
AA33A261-E352-4329-ADAF-8CC786F770A5.jpeg
C61CAC19-3ED5-4777-BEEE-501E4E085DA9.jpeg
74207012-6D07-41DD-ABA3-4F96A2C3CEA9.jpeg

Say Hi to Cassini, our new Raven Model S Long-Range Dual Motor. Taking delivery took only about 20 minutes (After a brief wait at the new Fremont Delivery center) including signing all the paperwork, including the lease return of Jupiter, our trusty 2016 Model S 90D after three years of trouble free driving.

Pros:

- Range! OMG, our 90D got 264 miles on a full charge after three years, and this one tops out at 370!
- The Air Suspension is much improved compared to three years ago!
- The MCU is so much more responsive
- Seats are greatly improved, including the movable head rest
- Back seats are finally supportive to lateral movement

Cons

- AP and Cruise control are still way worse than AP1, especially ghost braking. V10 improved it but it's still not even close.
- New Turbine wheels have a new design with really cheap looking plastic covers on the wheel root. We decided to get rid of them... Ordered some black wheel lug nut covers, I'll update the post after install.
- Color options got even worse compared to 2016 so we went with Black/Tan/. But even then no more obsidian black?
- Interior colors are even worse. Just one color of wood now with tan seats? No more glossy gray? They really need to increase the interior choices to match the price of the car...

But then we handed Cassini over to the trusted hands of Danny and Raj to do their magic...

Again, very highly recommended:

Danny at SFG Car Wraps | San Francisco Area Custom Vehicle Wraps for the chrome delete and matte black powder coated wheels and

Raj at MAR QP, Home for the paint correction, paint protection film and ceramic coating.

Both are in the East Bay, Newark, CA.

Super happy with how their work turned out.

Last edited:
Took delivery of my 2020 Model S LR from Kansas City yesterday and drove back to Arkansas. Very pleased overall, a good delivery experience. A few niggles to sort out but will get those done in the next few weeks. Got to try the supercharger at Joplin on the way back as well. It worked fine but was next to an abandoned hotel that looked like a scene from the Walking Dead.
View attachment 478064View attachment 478065View attachment 478066
Back in Arkansas dropped the car off for an almost full ppf in XPEL Ultimate. Front bumper, fenders, full hood, a-pillar, all doors, rear bumper and mirror caps. Looking forward to getting it back towards the weekend.
C0D82FC1-038D-4E9D-AFB1-1F6D8F05B62C.jpeg
177AD417-C9D1-48E6-9AB2-FA84DE5E4031.jpeg

532F729D-27FB-4384-A428-D98B5E9FEB28.jpeg
Back in Arkansas dropped the car off for an almost full ppf in XPEL Ultimate. Front bumper, fenders, full hood, a-pillar, all doors, rear bumper and mirror caps. Looking forward to getting it back towards the weekend. View attachment 479340View attachment 479341
Got the car back. Jason the installer did a great job. All ppf’d apart from the rear fenders and liftgate.

Reactions: Sunnfun