Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today of my ‘20 MSP, and couldn’t be more pleased. No flaws or issues, delivery went smoooth and got my car after 20 minutes. 2 weeks and a couple days from ordering to driving off.

I admit I was scared by reading all of the posts in here, but turned out great.

Attachments

• CE55F133-95EF-4DCD-8381-C9053AF017D7.jpeg
    CE55F133-95EF-4DCD-8381-C9053AF017D7.jpeg
    664.6 KB · Views: 431
Has anyone encountered any problems during the delivery of their new Tesla?
Our experience was super stressful, found some nicks and dings, paint defects, chipped paint, the ambient light not functioning on the driver’s passenger seat, 2nd fob acting up, melted window molds and chrome trim, bumper not aligned properly etc.
When we got our MS the SA we were dealing with was “absent” but I felt like she purposely left early so that she does not have to do the delivery herself on that day.
Got the car around 7pm, was too dark to notice all the defects but managed to see some and told the guy who was handling us about it that it was okay. I told him no, we aren’t buying a $105k ++ car with these defects and told him that we will document whatever we find and they should fix it at no cost.
He said we only have 7 days.
We are going out of the country this coming week and I scheduled service but it won’t be till the 7th of January.
We were able to talk to our original SA and of course she had so many lies and excuses and told her about the dilemma, she said we have to pay for the repairs and told her I won’t because the said problems were existing prior to us having the car. She said she will ask her manager but I know she won’t because she is always lying to us.
I told her that if they would charge us for the repair we will just return and order a new one.
She said we cannot model another Model S.
Tesla’s online site clearly state that we cannot order the same trim for the next 12 months.
According to her we can only order Model 3 and Model X or Model S Performance but not long range one because that is what we got.
I need your two cents here my fellow Tesla Owners.

Has anyone encountered any problems during the delivery of their new Tesla?
Our experience was super stressful, found some nicks and dings, paint defects, chipped paint, the ambient light not functioning on the driver’s passenger seat, 2nd fob acting up, melted window molds and chrome trim, bumper not aligned properly etc.
When we got our MS the SA we were dealing with was “absent” but I felt like she purposely left early so that she does not have to do the delivery herself on that day.
Got the car around 7pm, was too dark to notice all the defects but managed to see some and told the guy who was handling us about it that it was okay. I told him no, we aren’t buying a $105k ++ car with these defects and told him that we will document whatever we find and they should fix it at no cost.
He said we only have 7 days.
We are going out of the country this coming week and I scheduled service but it won’t be till the 7th of January.
We were able to talk to our original SA and of course she had so many lies and excuses and told her about the dilemma, she said we have to pay for the repairs and told her I won’t because the said problems were existing prior to us having the car. She said she will ask her manager but I know she won’t because she is always lying to us.
I told her that if they would charge us for the repair we will just return and order a new one.
She said we cannot model another Model S.
Tesla’s online site clearly state that we cannot order the same trim for the next 12 months.
According to her we can only order Model 3 and Model X or Model S Performance but not long range one because that is what we got.
I need your two cents here my fellow Tesla Owners.
You should have refused delivery with all of those issues. Never accept garbage and then expect them to fix it. They are only interested in delivery and the check your write. That’s why I bring my check book to delivery. I won’t take a chance. You are more likely to get better attention if you do that. By refusing a defective car, you can refuse and order same model with all the bull *sugar* of them saying you can’t. You have never taken delivery in the first place. Good luck.

Reactions: bhzmark
You should have refused delivery with all of those issues. Never accept garbage and then expect them to fix it. They are only interested in delivery and the check your write. That’s why I bring my check book to delivery. I won’t take a chance. You are more likely to get better attention if you do that. By refusing a defective car, you can refuse and order same model with all the bull *sugar* of them saying you can’t. You have never taken delivery in the first place. Good luck.
I am just returning it if they will not fix the issues. It was Friday past 7pm when it was delivered and it was a different person who did the delivery instead of the SA we dealt with. He was in a hurry to deliver the car. Informed him of the defects we found and he just told us to just document and they will work on it when my SA is back and we can discuss it with her. There was no servjce technician available at that time.
Customer Service sucks and the quality of the brand is going down. So disappointed with Tesla. $115k++ is not much but I believe that every customer deserves consistent and excellent customer service regardless of the price a client is paying.

I am just returning it if they will not fix the issues. It was Friday past 7pm when it was delivered and it was a different person who did the delivery instead of the SA we dealt with. He was in a hurry to deliver the car. Informed him of the defects we found and he just told us to just document and they will work on it when my SA is back and we can discuss it with her. There was no servjce technician available at that time.
Customer Service sucks and the quality of the brand is going down. So disappointed with Tesla. $115k++ is not much but I believe that every customer deserves consistent and excellent customer service regardless of the price a client is paying.
agreed, but I would have still refused delivery....look what you are having to go thru now......

Done with it. Decided to return and just placed an order for a Model X. Hopefully our experience would be the exact opposite of what we’ve had when we bought the Model S.
good luck...hope all works out well.....I really like the Model S and hope the barratry issues dont follow me....I did like some of the extras with the Model X but just liked the “S” better......I called and set may delivery date to after first of the years when we return from Ecuador (15 Jan).....hopefully, we will get a “cherry” car.....when do you expect delivery of the new “X"

Took delivery of my LR Model S back in December. At the time the car only had one problem - the rear trunk would not close. The SA looked into it and all he had to do was reboot the car. I checked it multiple times and it worked. Otherwise, the car was completely fine. I guess that was a bad omen for me that I should've listened to. Fast forward to today and the car has multiple problems. Sentry mode doesn't work, the fan behind touchscreen keeps spinning, autopilot is disabled, navigation doesn't work, the headlights are always on despite being on "Auto". I know that everyone says this is such a great car and has won so many awards, but from my perspective it's a dud. Even if everything is fixed, you don't get a second change to make a first impression.

after a big technical problem on my P85+, tesla rented me a jaguar i-pace 10 days. One of the best alternatives to the model S. However when my car was fixed at the SC, I was so happy to drive it, it so better than the jaguar, you can't imagine the gap after 10 days I was used to the i-pace... A 2013 TMS is really a lot better than a 2019 i-pace

Reactions: E Dizzle
good luck...hope all works out well.....I really like the Model S and hope the barratry issues dont follow me....I did like some of the extras with the Model X but just liked the “S” better......I called and set may delivery date to after first of the years when we return from Ecuador (15 Jan).....hopefully, we will get a “cherry” car.....when do you expect delivery of the new “X"
Got it last Tuesday.

A bit late but took delivery of my first Tesla, a 2020 Long Range on December 21st. Had a couple of paint imperfections from the factory as uncovered when paint correcting (decided to just live with it). Also had a couple of badly scuffed/scratched trim panels on delivery, filed a service request for it on the 22nd. Tesla service finally came out today to get them replaced. Otherwise, I am loving the car!
59865334691__310558AD-8CA4-4ECE-953F-CE6E9425146B.jpeg

If you had hinted you would be buying another vehicle that is not Tesla because they are the one who screwed up, I am sure they would have made an exception.

A bit late but took delivery of my first Tesla, a 2020 Long Range on December 21st. Had a couple of paint imperfections from the factory as uncovered when paint correcting (decided to just live with it). Also had a couple of badly scuffed/scratched trim panels on delivery, filed a service request for it on the 22nd. Tesla service finally came out today to get them replaced. Otherwise, I am loving the car!
Beautiful car! What color is that?