Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up Sig#517 this morning. As others have already covered the details quite thoroughly, I will be succinct: It's really good.

photo2.JPG

Simian - That garage pic is an amazing shot. Fantastic lighting. It looks like the opening scene of an action movie. I'm just waiting for somebody to come bursting out of the purple door being chased by some bad guys, then the Model S silently but very quickly takes off towards them, skids to a stop in front of them, good guy vaults over the hood and hops in the passenger door and off they go! (The driver better remember to extend the door handles first, though. :))

You should send the photo to [email protected] if you haven't already. They could probably use some great indoor shots of the car.

Beautiful shots guys!

Just an update, we have just crested 1000 owner driven miles in just over two weeks (1097 on the odometer).
Over the last 1000 miles we are averaging 321 watts/mile or just over 3.1 miles/kwh.

This is at about 65%/35% hwy/city, two drivers. Auto climate on most of the time at 71 degrees. Ambient temperatures ranging from 40-80 degrees.
No special steps taken to hypermile although most of the time we drive conservatively. This has included the occasional 'show off what the car can do' test rides for people.

We never saw the Model S in person prior to taking delivery. I must say, even though I have very high expectations, the Model S has surpassed them all:)
Of the things I have been pleasently surprised by are, the internet radio (really?? yep, believe it or not) You see, when I stop, get out of the car and walk away, the car turns off and locks. This is taking some getting used to, but I like it. But what really surprised me is how much I really like it when I get back to the car, open it and the internet radio is on and playing the music right where I left off!

This is not something that occured to me would happen, and even if I did, that I wouild appreciate it. But I LOVE it, really odd. One of those things that I would really miss in a car that didn't include it.

Have shown the car to a number of people, a few have even driven it. Everybody has loved it.