Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just about 48 hours out from my delivery appointment. Based on what I've read here and my experience thus far in dealing with the people at the local Decatur Georgia showroom my expectations are fairly low.

I'll do my best to document the delivery experience.

Tesla's logistics strikes again. Received a call late yesterday afternoon from my DS informing me there would be no delivery this morning. The car is still in transit and has not even reached the distribution hub in Birmingham yet. When pressed he admitted they had no idea where the car actually is, but he was told it's "Just around the corner."

Apparently, they didn't realize it hadn't arrived until they went to look for it to prep it for delivery.

Delivery has been tentatively rescheduled for next Friday, Dec 30. Disappointed but not surprised.

Tesla's logistics strikes again. Received a call late yesterday afternoon from my DS informing me there would be no delivery this morning. The car is still in transit and has not even reached the distribution hub in Birmingham yet. When pressed he admitted they had no idea where the car actually is, but he was told it's "Just around the corner."

Apparently, they didn't realize it hadn't arrived until they went to look for it to prep it for delivery.

Delivery has been tentatively rescheduled for next Friday, Dec 30. Disappointed but not surprised.
Really hope you get it before the new year! Who knows what tax policies will change.

I heard 20 deliveries next Tuesday... I don't mean to be insensitive but I really only care about mine. Wouldn't want it to be rushed. Would like the service department to be as detailed as necessary as this will be the last qc check before I drop big $$$.

Last edited:
I heard 20 deliveries next Tuesday... I don't mean to be insensitive but I really only care about mine. Wouldn't want it to be rushed. Would like the service department to be as detailed as necessary as this will be the last qc check before I drop big $$$.

Agree,
I picked mine up yesterday and got it home and notices scratches in the hood and roof. Thought it was just wax marks however when I looked closer you can tell they are light scratches. I then looked over the car and noticed a few more paint imperfections. I think the last detail was a little rushed, so this got missed. I have called the dealership twice and left messages however they have not called back.

SO was scheduled to take delivery of my MS on 12/17/16 @ 5pm - 45 minutes later I am told there is a scratch on the bumper and I will not be taking delivery today - but they will fix it and I can take delivery the following day. I am given a 2013 MS60 as a loaner. Fremont DS calls at 9am and says car will be ready at 4pm on 12/18/16. I go at 4pm have to re-sign the paper work I signed on 12/17. I am taken to my car where everything looks ok there are some spots of glue in the trunk that they fixed and then I start to ask a few questions I had about the car - I knew more about the car than the DS that was assigned - at that point I just want to leave and drive my car. So I snap a pic and I leave. If you are expecting fanfare or special treatment when you pick up your car DON'T. But I am glad I have the car. Unfortunately I already have some issues. Drive r assistance not working warning keeps popping up, the left hand button on the steering wheel is not working properly (sticking) and the navigation is not working correctly intermittently - did a restart still not working correctly. Will be calling Tech Support and making a service appointment ASAP. This is the only place I could vent. Thanks for listening. The only way to keep your sanity is to think of this as an investment in the future of electric cars - which I knew going into it. But still a bit dissapointing. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them reply here or send me a pvt message.
View attachment 206567
Update - apparently one of the AutoPilot Modules failed in turn causing the navigation to not work. All items above have been addressed except for the rear trunk trim which is messed up from the DS using some sort of cleaner to remove the glue. I ended up dropping my MS at Tesla Service on Wednesday 12/21 and getting it back on Friday 12/23. Was given a fine MX Signature series to drive while work was done. Except for the failure the service was great. I am now enjoying my MS and even took a little road trip. It was great. Now just waiting for the update for Autopilot. Here are some pics of Becky.
AE57D439-6BAE-44D8-8C4C-B8A7CBB319D4.jpg

I've had my MS for just a little over a week now. First off, the entire crew out at the North Houston Service Plus location were top notch. Susan was my OA and I highly recommend seeking her out if you know someone who is in the market to buy in the Gulf states area. Super helpful and patient, extremely knowledgeable about the product and passionate about what Tesla is trying to achieve. My DS was Dayan and he was also fantastic. He worked closely with my CU to get everything arranged and was gracious when I changed the loan amount one week before delivery. I showed up a little early for my appointment, but they were ready and waiting.

I was very impressed by the inspection and preparation done by Monica and her team. They had gone over the car with an eagle eye and pointed out two tiny little paint imperfections that quite frankly I had trouble seeing at first. They had prepared a little goody bag of swag (umbrella, coffee mug, hat, pen) and had put those little rubber keychain thingies on my fobs. The handoff couldn't have been any smoother and they helped me set up my profile and went over just enough of the features to get me going and on the road in about an hour. I didn't feel rushed or talked down to when asking my stupid questions.I got a call the next morning from the service department to schedule my appointment at the body shop to fix the paint flaws.

Apart from my first Saab delivery back when they were a great independent company, it was one of the best delivery experiences I've ever had.

I am still very much in the honeymoon phase of ownership, so some of the little things like buggy software updates that get people upset haven't bothered me yet. This car is so technologically advanced compared to my 10-year old Saab it blows my mind. The smart air suspension that geolocates and adjusts automatically, the homelink door and lights controller, the always-on rear view camera, the dash Nav display with exit signs, climate control preconditioning, on and on. When AP2 is enabled, I'd be hard pressed to name something the car doesn't do that I would want it to. Ride quality and acceleration, materials, build quality, all are top notch.

I waited a long time to buy a Model S and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Here she is out in the wild.

ModelS.jpg

More pics posted at this thread: Ordered! Now when will I see it?

Last edited:
It's about 48 hours until my rescheduled delivery. I emailed and called my DS yesterday to get a status update as to whether or not the car had arrived in Decatur(Atlanta). No response so far which is probably not a good thing.

It's now been four weeks since the car shipped.

I've had my MS for just a little over a week now. First off, the entire crew out at the North Houston Service Plus location were top notch. Susan was my OA and I highly recommend seeking her out if you know someone who is in the market to buy in the Gulf states area. Super helpful and patient, extremely knowledgeable about the product and passionate about what Tesla is trying to achieve. My DS was Dayan and he was also fantastic. He worked closely with my CU to get everything arranged and was gracious when I changed the loan amount one week before delivery. I showed up a little early for my appointment, but they were ready and waiting.

I was very impressed by the inspection and preparation done by Monica and her team. They had gone over the car with an eagle eye and pointed out two tiny little paint imperfections that quite frankly I had trouble seeing at first. They had prepared a little goody bag of swag (umbrella, coffee mug, hat, pen) and had put those little rubber keychain thingies on my fobs. The handoff couldn't have been any smoother and they helped me set up my profile and went over just enough of the features to get me going and on the road in about an hour. I didn't feel rushed or talked down to when asking my stupid questions.I got a call the next morning from the service department to schedule my appointment at the body shop to fix the paint flaws.

Apart from my first Saab delivery back when they were a great independent company, it was one of the best delivery experiences I've ever had.

I am still very much in the honeymoon phase of ownership, so some of the little things like buggy software updates that get people upset haven't bothered me yet. This car is so technologically advanced compared to my 10-year old Saab it blows my mind. The smart air suspension that geolocates and adjusts automatically, the homelink door and lights controller, the always-on rear view camera, the dash Nav display with exit signs, climate control preconditioning, on and on. When AP2 is enabled, I'd be hard pressed to name something the car doesn't do that I would want it to. Ride quality and acceleration, materials, build quality, all are top notch.

I waited a long time to buy a Model S and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Here she is out in the wild.

View attachment 208024

Congratulations! It looks as if we ordered practically the same car. I also ordered MS 60 in the midnight silver metallic. Now if they could just deliver it!

Reactions: George Jetson
Congratulations! It looks as if we ordered practically the same car. I also ordered MS 60 in the midnight silver metallic. Now if they could just deliver it!
Hey, great minds think alike! ;) Here's the full rundown on my build: enhanced autopilot; next gen seats in black; black headliner; matte Obeche Wood, Pano roof, premium upgrades, ultra high fidelity sound, smart air suspension.

Last night my wife and I went to our service center to pick up my CPO Model S. There were a total of four vehicles being delivered at 6PM. We walked behind the large doors to begin the inspection and now I laugh when people talk about buggy software...it was a buggy car!

While walking around the beautiful grey car, my wife sees ants coming out from the quarter panels and she freaked out! The other people were watching her and a few of the Tesla staff came over and sure enough, there were ants filing out--one, two or three at a time. They took "Rico" over to the service bay and my wife left as she was picking up dinner for the family. I was getting the car that night and not walking home in the dark.

I went back to the customer waiting lounge while they vacuumed and placed ant treatment in the quarter panels. I didn't see any inside then but I think one was sneaking around last night. Anyway, the service staff told me that if I still see them after a couple of days, to come back and they will give me a loaner car while they work on mine some more.

Last night, I got down one bite of dinner before my stepkids were staring me down...waiting to take them for their first spin. I gladly obliged and we quickly tooled around our neighborhood so they could experience the quietness and acceleration. This morning, I had a car load of my co-workers and I gave them a tour and a spin around our office complex.

My car was available in the Tesla app by the time I got home last night--which was a pleasant surprise as I had read by many posters that it could be several hours or the following day. For a CPO 2013, it's very clean. Tesla added some touch-up paint while I was there to two small scratches on the hood. They are very accommodating as well.

As I have been reading the posts of others and watching videos, I felt that I had a good understanding of what to expect. I'm about to head back down and check out more of the settings. My tint installation is scheduled for this Friday.

IMG_0998.JPG