Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got me a slightly used (9,000 miles) 2016 Model S 75 over this past weekend.

Exterior: Midnight Silver Metallic
Interior: Black Multipattern seats, Black Alcantara Headliner, Dark Ash Wood decor
+ Autopilot
+ All-glass panoramic roof
+ Premium upgrade
+ Subzero Weather package

Got a great deal from a non-Tesla dealership. I was hesitant at first, but after much research and discussion decided to go for it; glad I did!

Have become totally obsessed with the vehicle! The wife loves it as well; I have a Model-3 reservation that she now plans on using to get herself one, when it comes out.

My S75 happens to be a late-year model, I am assuming, because I ended up with the new nose shape, but AP1 hardware. Still, I'm happy with that! Autopilot is my favorite feature thus far; had to drive the vehicle back home 400 miles after purchase and the trip was a delight with AP.

Some pictures below. One of me with the keys and the car at pickup. The second of the car by itself at my first-ever enroute Supercharging station.

Saad_Tesla_061717.jpg
Tesla_Supercharge_061717.jpg

Took my first long-ish daytrip in my new 75D on the weekend. About 300km roundtrip. Drove from my home North of Toronto to Penetanguishene to see the "pirate ships". That's what I told my kids they were anyway. :) The Model S handled it like a champ.

I normally charge to 90% at night. I activated the 100% charge from my phone in the morning and it hit about 99% by the time we left. Used autopilot about 50% of the way. Works great on big highways, but I still get very nervous around any non-standard type of environment (construction) and take over.

I see lots of complaints about the navigation, but I've found it works quite well for me. I particularly like that it adjusts the radio volume and balance when issuing directions.

I amazed my wife when we cruised down some very long hills and had massive regen the whole way down. :) I found myself driving slower in this car than I normally would have - I guess because I'm more attuned to the deficiency of the wind resistance. So perhaps that makes it a bit safer in an indirect way.

Had a few stares from motorists and pedestians as is normal for the car. It's beautiful after all. :) Out in the country there was one guy in a super-raised pickup who gave me a bit of a scowl, but I'm not sure if that was his normal face or not.

I admit when we got to our destination, which was fairly remote, I was a little nervous. What if the car didn't turn back on? What if there's some software bug that locks us out? We were way away from the service center and I started thinking I should have bought that tire repair kit from tesla before the trip. (Will be getting it tomorrow).

Everything was ok though, when we were ready to head home it was of course fine. I stopped at the Barrie supercharger because I had never been to one before. My wife said I was cute... Of course it was completely empty. Got a bit of free juice and went on my way.

I was expecting 110+ kWh, but only got around 80. I suppose this is because the battery was around 50%. I've heard it's much faster when the battery is closer to empty.

We got home late, but with plenty of range left. Overall, a fantastic trip! My wife was a bit nervous since it was the first fairly reasonable distance we've gone. But it really worked to set our minds at ease that it's not really something to be largely concerned with.

Got me a slightly used (9,000 miles) 2016 Model S 75 over this past weekend.

My S75 happens to be a late-year model, I am assuming, because I ended up with the new nose shape, but AP1 hardware. Still, I'm happy with that! Autopilot is my favorite feature thus far; had to drive the vehicle back home 400 miles after purchase and the trip was a delight with AP.

View attachment 231992 View attachment 231993

Congrats. Great looking car. And you can be happy that you might have a better autopilot experience than AP2 hardware owners, at the moment.

We got our MS 75D this week before the July 4th holidays. We did have an initial fit and finish problem that we didnt notice the day of delivery. Here is a picture of the gap on the passenger side vent - it looks like a tab was misaligned.

After we noticed it, we immediately contacted Customer Service and they said bring it in. We also had an AC problem in the TX heat that we discovered during the drive down - so you can imagine - we were getting HEATED at this point!!!

Thankfully, they gave us a loaner - 90D and then fixed it before the 4th holiday...amazing response! We are now enjoying our 75D:

Attachments

• IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 159
I'll throw my hat into the ring... Here's a pic of my and my kids taking delivery of my S 90D. It was an inventory car with 1,800 miles on it, and I'm loving it! Picked it up in Cincinnati, so I got to take a fun 300 mile drive home in it last weekend. Delivery was great in Cincinnati... my only complaint was that since we picked it up on June 30th, last day of the quarter, the detailers rushed the cleaning job on it. That said, a 300 mile drive was plenty to get it dirty again, so I didn't press the detailing issue.

IMG_1149.JPG

And... after a thorough wash and hand wax, it looks even better:
IMG_0850.JPG

Welcome to the Tesla family! Nice choice of color. ;)

Why did you decide to take delivery in Cincinnati? There are several places around Chicago for Tesla deliveries. In any case, enjoy the car and see you around!

Good question! It was an inventory car, and it was in Cincinnati. I actually did all of the reserving and test driving at the Westmont location, but opted to take delivery in Cincinnati. I'm originally from Cincinnati, so a good excuse to go there and see family and friends. Plus, it's nice to save $1000 on the transfer fee they wanted to charge me to transport it to Chicago.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Reactions: JClu
I'll throw my hat into the ring... Here's a pic of my and my kids taking delivery of my S 90D. It was an inventory car with 1,800 miles on it, and I'm loving it! Picked it up in Cincinnati, so I got to take a fun 300 mile drive home in it last weekend. Delivery was great in Cincinnati... my only complaint was that since we picked it up on June 30th, last day of the quarter, the detailers rushed the cleaning job on it. That said, a 300 mile drive was plenty to get it dirty again, so I didn't press the detailing issue.

View attachment 234438

And... after a thorough wash and hand wax, it looks even better:
View attachment 234439
Beautiful car and family. Welcome aboard!

I recently purchased mine and decided to fly out and drive back (400-miles) as well, with the wife. Loved the trip! Allowed us both to really get to experience the car right away. Ironically, I got mine from OH as well; Columbus :)

Wishing you many happy years with it!

Reactions: ahkahn
What a great experience. A big thanks to Tesla of West Palm Beach getting my inventory car delivered from TX to Michigan, to the delivery drivers. Everything was beyond my expectations. Sales/Delivery team/GM were awesome. Model S has left us speechless. 1k in one week.

Had a Model X reservation years ago. Timelines for cars did not work out with multiple delays in Model X production. Timing with an inventory 100D at the end of last quarter fit the bill. Unlimited Supercharging was a big positive in the decision making process. It was really this year or wait for a Model 3.

Our family lifestyle was changing. More miles in the car for various reasons. Safety, comfort, better looking car:D:D. The sad news is it will not be my daily driver, but my loving wife's. Much deserved after years and years of me talking about Tesla's and should we, should we not. Well worth it. If I get one day a week it will be my kid in the candy store day, and that's good enough for me.

Picture below was from the Port Huron Supercharger. Took back country roads on a 2.5 hour drive. Just beautiful. On way home took freeway. After the trip was over I tried to get out of doing something around the house.....said "I was tired from the drive." The new line from my wife is. "What are you tired from? The car did all the work on the way home." Love the auto pilot.

20170728_135441_002-EFFECTS.jpg

20170729_095051.jpg

Now waiting on a Tesla SUV that can tow a heavy double axle Airstream for a little bit further than current X so I can ditch the monster ICE.

Reactions: Kross and JClu