Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't say "catch every possible thing". I'm talking about gross mistakes like they hand over the wrong car, or it's got the wrong battery or trim or something like that. Extremely unlikely but wouldn't you want to catch something like that before leaving the service center rather than after you bring the car home? It's just a bit of due diligence on the new owner's part. And I do mean "a bit".

Bruce.

That I get, I'm referring to these large checklists some people seem to have. I mean, checking each USB port? That just seems excessive. Should we make sure every LED isn't burnt out as well? I'm just going to try to collect any issues I see and report it when I bring it in for service. So far I just had silly things - like having 3 grey valve stem covers, and 1 black.

That I get, I'm referring to these large checklists some people seem to have. I mean, checking each USB port? That just seems excessive. Should we make sure every LED isn't burnt out as well? I'm just going to try to collect any issues I see and report it when I bring it in for service. So far I just had silly things - like having 3 grey valve stem covers, and 1 black.

i didn't check a single thing and my car turned out fine. I feel like production issues have been streamlined since the car was first built 5 years ago so a lot of things that may or may not have happened back then might've been one-offs and not indicative of any systematic problem. Just check as much as you wanna check but dont freak out if you dont check everything.

i didn't check a single thing and my car turned out fine. I feel like production issues have been streamlined since the car was first built 5 years ago so a lot of things that may or may not have happened back then might've been one-offs and not indicative of any systematic problem. Just check as much as you wanna check but dont freak out if you dont check everything.
That's the way I took delivery of my S (which i have now sold). I walked around the car and signed for it. Later I discovered a few things and brought it in to fix. I had the flapping sound at 60mph which was a loose rubber thingy, and the headlights needed serious aiming. Plus a buff mark in the bumper, that i never had fixed. Other than those things, it was fine.

Just got back from a positive delivery experience. My car had a few chips which they touched up. They also said if I wasn't happy with the appearance after the paint dried they would repaint the car for me.

Can't wait to drive it more.

Just got back from a positive delivery experience. My car had a few chips which they touched up. They also said if I wasn't happy with the appearance after the paint dried they would repaint the car for me.

Can't wait to drive it more.

If it was a new, fresh off the factory car, that doesn't really inspire much confidence in the paint job. Mine was an inventory model and I haven't noticed any obvious paint chips at delivery but I did have the hood wrapped in Xpel film for peace of mind.
IMG_0275.JPG

Reactions: GaryW
The fun continues. I have 68 miles now. Went to drive my car home from work and was greeted with an error message saying "Parking break needs service. Car may be free rolling." Any attempt to shift to drive or reverse results in the car immediately switching back to park. Service department is investigating. I am looking forward to spending more time at work...

UPDATE: They need to tow it to the service center and I'll be given a loaner....

Last edited:
Took delivery of a new, loaded (minus rear facing seats) MS75D on Tuesday.

My delivery experience was fine - but I didn't really get to drive the car until two days later (today) since I took it straight to a shop for tint/ppf. Discovered a couple of issues today, one is kind of major.

Unfortunately the powered rear hatch doesn't close - it can be closed manually but when I push the button, the door gets all the way down, then beeps and opens. Guessing there's some misalignment with the latch.

The other major problem is that AC is not working at all. It got up to 87 degrees here and I noticed I just wasn't getting any cold air. Had a UI bug in the drivers console too where the temp setting was an overlay on top of any of the options selected (power usage chart, etc). Rebooted both screens, played with various climate settings, on/off, etc but no dice.

Drove to the SC where I picked up the car and apparently they have already diagnosed the problem but won't have the part until Monday. I got a loaner and they were nice about it but definitely a bit anti-climactic after having waited for a couple of days to really get my hands on the car!

Last edited:
Took delivery of a new, loaded (minus rear facing seats) MS75D on Tuesday.

My delivery experience was fine - but I didn't really get to drive the car until two days later (today) since I took it straight to a shop for tint/ppf. Discovered a couple of issues today, one is kind of major.

Unfortunately the rear hatch doesn't powered close doesn't work - it can be closed manually but when I push the button, the door gets all the way down, then beeps and opens. Guessing there's some misalignment with the latch.

The other major problem is that AC is not working at all. It got up to 87 degrees here and I noticed I just wasn't getting any cold air. Had a UI bug in the drivers console too where the temp setting was an overlay on top of any of the options selected (power usage chart, etc). Rebooted both screens, played with various climate settings, on/off, etc but no dice.

Drove to the SC where I picked up the car and apparently they have already diagnosed the problem but won't have the part until Monday. I got a loaner and they were nice about it but definitely a bit anti-climactic after having waited for a couple of days to really get my hands on the car!
This is really sad hopefully your problem is resolved quickly and you will enjoy your car for sure.

Reactions: g__s
The fun continues. I have 68 miles now. Went to drive my car home from work and was greeted with an error message saying "Parking break needs service. Car may be free rolling." Any attempt to shift to drive or reverse results in the car immediately switching back to park. Service department is investigating. I am looking forward to spending more time at work...

UPDATE: They need to tow it to the service center and I'll be given a loaner....

UPDATE x2: Car still in the shop... They gave me a P85D to use in the meantime. I miss my car.

Haferc - I feel your pain... Our new S75 displayed an error code 2 days after we took delivery (my wife doesn't remember exactly what it said) but the air conditioner started to work intermittently thereafter. I know there have been reports of issues with the aircon (it wasn't that hot here in Phoenix - not nearly as hot as it can get) and after 3 days of this, we called the local Service Center and they remotely diagnosed that yes, we had an issue and could we bring the car into the SC - which we did this last Wednesday. Luckily for us it's 9 miles from our current house. I know the SC team is doing everything they can - not at all displeased with them, and I do realize that 'stuff happens' with any new car - but for the price of this automobile, I had hoped for more. Still love the brand and have very high hopes for a long and fun-filled experience with our S. We now have to wait until next Monday until an additional part they need is delivered - the loaner (a P85D) is nice but not the car I was hoping to show off to family and friends this weekend. Oh well - on the positive side we got our plates via Fed Ex and I put in our ordered our new custom plate. I'll post a pic when it comes... :)

Like BDanDD, I was notified today that a replacement part is due to arrive on Monday even though it was requested overnight yesterday. Hopefully I get my car back Monday or Tuesday at this point. The P85D is a decent loaner, though I got one that is kind of dirty. Kind of glad I didn't go for the P100D, the speed is a bit much, I'd be on the pedal all the time!

Got my delivery on 9/27 in Atlanta and here is my car picture. Delivery experience is good and got the car out in less than 1 hour.

I watched Tesla move your red MS in before, I took delivery of my red MS :O) I ordered my MS NOT DETAILED! after watching what the contracted detailers do to the cars and drove 23 miles to my appointment with DetailedDesignsAutoSpa.com to have the clear coat & paint prepped for Modesta P-01A Primer, with Modesta BC-04 Nano*Titanium Glass Coating. Then Modesta BC-06 & BC-08 on the Wheels & Suspension. That will take 7 days. Then my MS goes to Chris at AllProWindowTinting in Canton Georgia to get Photosync Tint applied then 4 hours later, I get to drive my MS. Look in the background of the pic of my red MS, to see your red MS. Note: check your clear coat and paint closely lots of defects! Enjoy!
Delivery Day1.JPG

Picked up my new MS75 from Toronto. Good buying experience overall. Noticed a few issues with fit and finish but Tesla corrected them. The only bummer was having to drive a Jeep loaner for a week while they repaired:

Windshield fit
Trim fit
Paint finish issue under trim
Scratch on rim
Vibration at highway speeds
Real tailight scratch (pending repair)

Was not happy with the detailing of the vehicle after service. They scratched up my console cover and looks like they set off a dust cloud in my vehicle (could of been the body shop). Someone wiped a couple surfaces with a dirty cloth that left water marks along my trim. The exterior was also dusty and covered in pine needles. I guess my standards are high - I will detail the vehicle myself.

With that being said, in love with the car and Happy with Tesla service acknowging the issues trying to get things right. It seems Tesla Toronto could benefit from a larger facility with a dedicated wash and detailing department.

Installed the mobile charger in my garage, it is working well. Hit up a few superchargers - amazing tech! The future is now!

Attachments

• IMG_4308.PNG
    IMG_4308.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Picked up my Model S from Fremont yesterday and the experience was ok, at best. There was a lot of misinformation from Tesla due to the transferring of a custom late on to the car and I'm not sure they got it correct yet, only time will tell. The people out from that walk you through everything were nice and friendly. When we got to the back to meet our car is where things weren't the greatest. The young man who was to help us set up and personalize the car was rude. The first thing he said to me was I only have 10 minutes as he is busy so let's get this started. I'm pretty well versed on this car thanks to TMC so I didn't have many questions but he was definitely annoyed if you asked him anything. Only questions were can I get the login info for slacker, also was having trouble logging into our slacker account. We also pointed out that there were black marks on our back seat and he was annoyed that he had to get something to clean it off. On another note, the lighting in the Fremont delivery center is strategically done in a way that makes it hard to notice imperfections, well played Tesla:-/
My last car was a $60k Mercedes C Class and I can say our delivery experience overall was way better. However so far still happy we got the Tesla
DSC01821.JPG

IMG_9119.JPG
IMG_3833.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: xyeahtony
I watched Tesla move your red MS in before, I took delivery of my red MS :O) I ordered my MS NOT DETAILED! after watching what the contracted detailers do to the cars and drove 23 miles to my appointment with DetailedDesignsAutoSpa.com to have the clear coat & paint prepped for Modesta P-01A Primer, with Modesta BC-04 Nano*Titanium Glass Coating. Then Modesta BC-06 & BC-08 on the Wheels & Suspension. That will take 7 days. Then my MS goes to Chris at AllProWindowTinting in Canton Georgia to get Photosync Tint applied then 4 hours later, I get to drive my MS. Look in the background of the pic of my red MS, to see your red MS. Note: check your clear coat and paint closely lots of defects! Enjoy!
View attachment 250876

Great, thanks and you car looks great. I am sure to check those defects on the paint before I do the coating. the DS has said to do some buffing work so Ill wait for that and do the coating job.