Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my beautiful multi-coat red S75D with cream interior, just about 2 weeks ago. I have had many cars over the years including a 67 Shelby GT350 (wish I kept it longer) BWM Z3 & 330i, and several others. I had leased a Focus Electric while waiting to be able to buy the Tesla. The 100D was a bit out of the budget but I am eminently delighted with the 75D.

I have a punch list with 3 paint items, rear seat side bolster, and rear black gouged right in the middle likely from transit. I think I heard the front suspension noise once over a speed bump at maybe 4 mi/hr; otherwise no driving issues. I really like the brake hold feature and it was interesting that if you roll to a stop without the brake the car will roll backward. The smooth acceleration and deceleration cannot be matched by any ICE car. Like others, any excuse to go drive anywhere will do. Our first long distance drive is to the factory tour tomorrow from Roseville (near Sacramento).

The limited capabilities of the infotainment setup are extremely limited for this caliber of an automobile. Tesla really needs to step it up in this area, forget Atari and add iHeart, Radio.com and even Ford now supports Waze.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tesla has created the future of cars and I look forward to many years with her.
IMG_5590.jpg

I went to a local vinyl wrap place for the chrome delete on the moldings and Plasti dipped the Tesla symbol. The good thing was that this was the second MS that they had done, so they knew what they were doing.

With regards to the tints, I went with 20% to keep out the Florida sun, but with the white seats, it looks less dark than I thought it would. I did not do the windshield, even though I have noticed that the sun can really beat down on you at around noon due to the windshield going so far back. But I love driving the car and don't care much about it.

I had a MSM Model S with a black interior and it would get crazy hot if left in the sun during work, etc. I ended up getting >20% ceramic tint, vented the sun roof, and got a window shade for the front... it seemed to help.

I just ordered my new Model S in MSM but I chose to go with the white interior like yours. Do you have any pics with the windows down or doors open so I could see the interior with exerior colors? I struggled with interior color choice, but loved the MSM. I'm also looking for exterior upgrade ideas (i.e. chrome delete, matte clear paint protection, etc.) If you have any pros/cons about what you've done so far, I would be interested to know.

And welcome to the family!

I had a MSM Model S with a black interior and it would get crazy hot if left in the sun during work, etc. I ended up getting >20% ceramic tint, vented the sun roof, and got a window shade for the front... it seemed to help.

I just ordered my new Model S in MSM but I chose to go with the white interior like yours. Do you have any pics with the windows down or doors open so I could see the interior with exerior colors? I struggled with interior color choice, but loved the MSM. I'm also looking for exterior upgrade ideas (i.e. chrome delete, matte clear paint protection, etc.) If you have any pros/cons about what you've done so far, I would be interested to know.

And welcome to the family!

Yeah! Sorry about the delay, I have traveling a bit. I will upload a picture tomorrow once the sun comes out.

On a whim in mid July, we went to test drive a M3, but all they had was a MS to drive. 30 minutes later, knew we had to have an S ASAP. Then reality hit, so as suggested by the person showing us the cars, started looking at the CPO inventory. Kind of surprised how much money we could save and still get a low mileage MS with 4yr/50k warranty. Read as much as I could and was getting a little swayed by the negatives, but the Sales Advisor worked his tail off to put us at ease, was super responsive to every question, provided detailed photos of everything we wanted to see closer, etc. Put a deposit on a 2015 70D with LOW miles on 7/24 and Tesla had it shipped to closest SC for pickup by 7/29.

From detailed photos, we were well aware that the car had some chips in the paint on the edge of the tailgate (likely from regularly hitting a low overhead when opening), a couple door dings on each side, and curb rash on all 4 wheels (one pretty bad), but the price seemed to take these into account. Upon picking the car up and confirming what the photos showed, except for how dirty the interior was (chalked this up to rushing them to delivery), we were still ok as we had already figured in additional cost to correct the flaws ourselves.

The 7 hour drive home was a real delight, and confirmed that we made the right decision giving up the BMW M3, hands down!

The next day, when I was removing the horribly ugly CA emissions decals from the rear bumper, discovered that the previous lessee had undoubtedly placed them to intentionally hide accident damage and to camouflage cheap repairs. This made me look even closer and then I discovered that the RR quarter had also been cheaply repaired. I immediately took very detailed photos of everything and emailed the SA with my displeasure. He promptly called us and said he had already forwarded them to upper management for review. The next day, he called and said they would take care of any damage repair/repaint necessary at their Portland SC. I was very happy with this response, so mentioned that we had already planned to repaint the entire lift gate and wondered if I we could just pay them to do that so that the car was only out of service one time. A short time later, he called back and said, in order to make us as happy as possible, they would take care of that as well. At that moment, my faith in Tesla was almost restored.

I dropped the car off at the Portland SC a week ago. When I was explaining what I was expecting on the body work, we started chatting about the door dings and curb rash. They said they had some really good people that could take care of those for me as well. I left the car in their hands with hopeful expectations, but no real idea of what we would end up with.

I picked the car up yesterday and was absolutely floored. It seriously looks like a brand new car! It even had updated tail light trim. I had to look at it close a couple of times because I wasn't sure it was the same car. They were not kidding when they said they had people that knew what they were doing and they knocked it out of the park.

I realize this was a long story, but especially after reading so many negative comments on this and other forums, I just had to share. We are VERY happy Tesla customers and are already looking at how to replace our gas guzzling SUV with a MX (still have to tow the toys :).

On a whim in mid July, we went to test drive a M3, but all they had was a MS to drive. 30 minutes later, knew we had to have an S ASAP.

I picked the car up yesterday and was absolutely floored. It seriously looks like a brand new car! It even had updated tail light trim. I had to look at it close a couple of times because I wasn't sure it was the same car. They were not kidding when they said they had people that knew what they were doing and they knocked it out of the park.

I realize this was a long story, but especially after reading so many negative comments on this and other forums, I just had to share. We are VERY happy Tesla customers and are already looking at how to replace our gas guzzling SUV with a MX (still have to tow the toys :).
We are so happy for you and that your SC exceeded your expectations! And welcome to the family! :)