Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre-Raven 2019 100D just picked up on May 31st. My first Tesla and I am loving it.

IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3125.jpeg

Attachments

• TESLA 1.jpeg
    TESLA 1.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 362
Took delivery of my Raven P100D last night. Loving it so far. Only hiccup was they delivered me a wood grain inlay when I ordered the carbon fiber. They are going to replace the inlay, but goes to show quality control isn’t great which shouldn’t be hard with so few actual ordering options. Anyway, it’s got the usual Dual Motor badging and it’s underlined even though no Ludicrous. Appears to be HW 3 as the TeslaCam videos are HVEC (h.265). All options (AP, FSD, etc) installed and working. Took about 6 miles to calibrate for use. Oh and software version is 2019.15.103 which seems old but maybe it’ll update here soon. Happy to be part of the Tesla family and many kudos to this forum for helping me make so many decisions. No regrets!

Attachments

• 85A53C47-92FD-4B94-9119-45E2EB615E1C.jpeg
    85A53C47-92FD-4B94-9119-45E2EB615E1C.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 383
  • C5220046-E865-4B2F-AC88-EEAC993760C3.jpeg
    C5220046-E865-4B2F-AC88-EEAC993760C3.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 390
  • CD0D2254-35F9-47B8-897D-FE45F9BF94A5.jpeg
    CD0D2254-35F9-47B8-897D-FE45F9BF94A5.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 385
  • A4AB3192-0CC1-40A7-8CA3-D0030512E709.jpeg
    A4AB3192-0CC1-40A7-8CA3-D0030512E709.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 375
Took delivery of my Raven P100D last night. Loving it so far. Only hiccup was they delivered me a wood grain inlay when I ordered the carbon fiber. They are going to replace the inlay, but goes to show quality control isn’t great which shouldn’t be hard with so few actual ordering options. Anyway, it’s got the usual Dual Motor badging and it’s underlined even though no Ludicrous. Appears to be HW 3 as the TeslaCam videos are HVEC (h.265). All options (AP, FSD, etc) installed and working. Took about 6 miles to calibrate for use. Oh and software version is 2019.15.103 which seems old but maybe it’ll update here soon. Happy to be part of the Tesla family and many kudos to this forum for helping me make so many decisions. No regrets!
Congrats. Your car can probably be turned into Ludicrous with a software update, so they preemptively put the underline there.

Just took delivery of our new Model S Performance. I suspect our experience may have been biased with Tesla trying to close out the quarter, but everyone we dealt with bent over backwards to make sure we had a great experience. The sales rep stayed late to let us do a quick test drive on the X and S, and we took an S home for the night.

There were so many deliveries in Denver that they had to call in volunteers who were not necessarily experts on the car, but others whose job is to do the deliveries helped out if there were any questions. Probably one of the smoothest car transactions we have had.

Picked up my 2016 75D late Saturday from the Oakville Tesla store (in Ontario, Canada) and the overall experience was good. We were in and out very quickly, although the "adviser" that gave us a walkaround on the car didn't know a whole lot about the car. That didn't really bother me as I've been reading so much about the car already and I was comfortable taking it like that.

My only negative experience were the number of scratches on the car - there are 5 very visible (two very large ) and obvious scratches that were not visible in any of the pictures I received - 2016 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E23GF144403

Anyway, I don't have any regrets whatsoever! I absolutely love this machine. The interior leather still smells like brand new leather. Its the best damn car I've ever driven (and I've driven quite a few in my day). I've already driven 450 miles in two days lol

• Informative
Reactions: David29

When did you place the order? How long for it to arrive

Picked up my 2016 75D late Saturday from the Oakville Tesla store (in Ontario, Canada) and the overall experience was good. We were in and out very quickly, although the "adviser" that gave us a walkaround on the car didn't know a whole lot about the car. That didn't really bother me as I've been reading so much about the car already and I was comfortable taking it like that.

My only negative experience were the number of scratches on the car - there are 5 very visible (two very large ) and obvious scratches that were not visible in any of the pictures I received - 2016 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E23GF144403

Anyway, I don't have any regrets whatsoever! I absolutely love this machine. The interior leather still smells like brand new leather. Its the best damn car I've ever driven (and I've driven quite a few in my day). I've already driven 450 miles in two days lol

Congratulations. My car also had a couple of scratches that were not disclosed by the photos I received. The scratch on the hood also had a dent. I still accepted delivery as overall the car was great. I had a paintless dent repair guy fix the dent, amazing! Like magic he made it disappear! To correct other minor paint defects I used Dr. ColorChip repair kit. Perfect match on the paint, 100% improvement.

Can you post photos of your car? Would love to see them! EDIT: I saw your photos! Great looking car.

Again, congratulations. Hope you have as great of a time as I am having with my model S.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverGS
Congratulations. My car also had a couple of scratches that were not disclosed by the photos I received. The scratch on the hood also had a dent. I still accepted delivery as overall the car was great. I had a paintless dent repair guy fix the dent, amazing! Like magic he made it disappear! To correct other minor paint defects I used Dr. ColorChip repair kit. Perfect match on the paint, 100% improvement.

Can you post photos of your car? Would love to see them! Again, congratulations. Hope you have as great of a time as I am having with my model S.
Thanks! Right above your post now, are a couple of pictures that I just posted :) I should look into the Dr. ColorChip repair kit. What color is your car?

Reactions: rafacq
Pre-Raven 2019 100D just picked up on May 31st. My first Tesla and I am loving it.

View attachment 417903 View attachment 417903

Congratulations! It’s beautiful! Love the grey! If you are interested, you are welcome to join the North Texas Tesla Owners Group. Great group of Tesla owners. We have a monthly activity and love getting together to share Tesla stories. They also participate on EV related activities like Earth Day at Fair Park.

Membership — Tesla Owners Club of North Texas

Original blue. It’s called Pacific Metallic Blue. This was the first time we saw the car, flew to San Diego to take delivery.

View attachment 426073 View attachment 426074
Your car is absolutely stunning! That blue is my favorite, unfortunately I couldn't find one within my budget and settled for Metallic silver instead.

I would love to join you guys in your monthly activities, but I live in Ontario, Canada! Its a bit of drive to do that monthly. :)

• Funny
Your car is absolutely stunning! That blue is my favorite, unfortunately I couldn't find one within my budget and settled for Metallic silver instead.

I would love to join you guys in your monthly activities, but I live in Ontario, Canada! Its a bit of drive to do that monthly. :)

Understood! I thought you were in the DFW area. Would love to drive “Lazuli” up to Canada! One of these days!

Understood! I thought you were in the DFW area. Would love to drive “Lazuli” up to Canada! One of these days!
You definitely should! Its a beautiful country. If you're on Instagram, I'm a photography hobbyist and shoot mainly landscapes and architecture - primarily focused on the Ontario province currently and my pictures show the beauty of the area quite well.

Nice name you gave your car. What is the significance of the name? I named mine "Rocket". :)

You definitely should! Its a beautiful country. If you're on Instagram, I'm a photography hobbyist and shoot mainly landscapes and architecture - primarily focused on the Ontario province currently and my pictures show the beauty of the area quite well.

Nice name you gave your car. What is the significance of the name? I named mine "Rocket". :)

Lapiz Lazuli is a beautiful blue stone that has been a favorite for years. The car color reminded us of it, and in looking for a "unique" name, that is how it came about!

I also have loved photography all my life! I love travel and landscapes but will shoot anything I find interesting! Been taking photos since about 14 when I use to steal my dad's Voigtlander! Check out my website...

Rafael Quiñones | Photography

Regards... Ralph

• Love
Reactions: jdw and SilverGS

Settled for Metallic Silver? Haha... that’s what I purposely ordered on mine in 2017. I think it’s classy. :)

I just picked up my 2016.5 S90D w/facelift from Tesla last week and couldn’t be happier. I have had a lot of vehicles over the years that I loved however nothing compares to this. I absolutely love the styling, technology and of course the acceleration.

Here is a picture of “Tenacious D”

Attachments

• E08D36F9-6C76-477B-AA88-D582E39FC488.jpeg
    E08D36F9-6C76-477B-AA88-D582E39FC488.jpeg
    737.4 KB · Views: 274