Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a strange world ... my daily driver is a Fiat which I keep parked outside throughout the year on the northern side of my house ... there's moss growing on the paint surfaces normally covered by the rear hatch and the rear doors which I never use ... :biggrin:

New Model S owner

My Tesla arrived early this morning. I could not be more thrilled. I was on the fence about this car since I first test drove it 6 months ago. I continued to research the company, read blogs, google & watch every video about the car on youtube. After 6 more test drives, I pulled the trigger. I've been impatiently waiting for 6 weeks!! Today was amazing to finally get my very own that I can drive every day :)
I have a friend who said Tesla was a fad & would go belly up like Saturn. He could be right, but for those of us who own one, there's nothing else even close to a Tesla-and I test drove EVERY car out there trying to find something cheaper. Tesla is innovative. I will continue to be a huge fan & sell as many of these as I can.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!!

The Burlington, WA Supercharger opened in the last few days. I've been waiting for that to take my beastie up over the North Cascades Highway. So, here's a photo of "SUNPWRD" at an overlook near Diablo Lake:

photo.JPG

Got my solid white Model S with gray interior and piano black trim on May 2
And the gray leather interior with piano black trim:
View attachment 24005
Beautiful colors. Personally I chose the black exterior, black leather and piano black trim. My question is on the piano black trim. How fingerprint stains proof is it? I want to avoid having to whipe the smudges of every day ;-)

Thanks, Benz. We're lucky here in the US Pacific NW. Nowhere else on earth can you drive 200 miles and go from ocean to rain forest to international city to alpine meadow to desert. Come for a trip, we've got Superchargers! When I saw your post, I stepped out in the yard and took a pic for ya (totally gratuitous):

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, Benz. We're lucky here in the US Pacific NW. Nowhere else on earth can you drive 200 miles and go from ocean to rain forest to international city to alpine meadow to desert. When I saw your post, I stepped out in the yard and took a pic for ya (totally gratuitous):

View attachment 26745

The wife and I went to Portland a couple of weeks ago, I can attest that we were both amazed how beautiful it is, one of the best kept secrets. AND, no sales tax!

Late in responding but looks like it turned out great! We finally had our detailed (free of charge courtesy of TM) and our detailer posted pics on their site. We are about 3/4 of the way down on their photo page and start right after a Ferrari ad pic. https://www.facebook.com/TheDetailBoss/photos_stream

So the guys at Autowerx here, spent 12.5 hours prepping, washing, detailing, polishing, washing again (because our neighbor decided to blow off his driveway during all this, dust flying everywhere thank you, even tho we were in my garage and across the street), then they erase/wipe any chemicals off, and finally putting on two robust coats of C.Quartz. The work they do is beyond anal, beyond anyone's expectations... they're quiet paint finish fanatics! It's truly amazing.

I know (outside of factory baked in orange peel), my car's finish would win awards... it's that good. With black any imperfection shows, and they got this to a blemish-free, mirror-like status.

After all their work in washing, blow drying, and prep, he showed me with a bright flashlight, looking directly into the paint, how you could still see minors water spots and other imperfections. These are things you can't see normally otherwise. And my car is only three weeks old, and only a couple of careful two-bucket washes on it. After their polishing, (not sure what they used), they put on two robust coats of C.Quartz. This stuff is buffed and then cures over 24 hours and needs to wait a week before the next wash. They literally are adding a glass like layer on top of your factory clear coat.

I'm a believer (in case you can't tell). They've read the forum posts on polishes and gloss coat tests here, and their research still puts this at the top. One of the most durable coatings you can put on top of your factory finish. Comes with a two year minimum warranty.

I'm waiting for him to put pics up showing a side-by-side panel comparison of my car.

I have a couple pics of them working here (btw, it was 90-95 most of the day, and 75% humidity, not normal around here)...
It's hard not to talk these guys up, or the product, because I don't think this car's paint and finish can be any more perfect or truly stunning than it is now. Kind of don't want to take the car out, rather enter in a show first, but I know with the PPF on the front, and it's complete coating, it's armored up and ready for the daily commute. ;)

Find or get a referral, for your own local *fanatic* car detailer, it makes all the difference in the world!
https://www.facebook.com/autowerxdetailing

Today I decided to drive my Genesis coupe that I used to love to work. I had not been in that drivers seat since may 7. I was kind of excited, thinking about how much fun it was to drive. Today, it was not fun, it felt like work. All day in my office I dreaded leaving because I would have to again drive the 20 miles back in something that wasn't my Tesla. Boo. I loved that car. But, today's experiment finally gave me the push to get serious about selling it...

What were you thinking @btrflyl8e?

I can't even drive the wife's car anymore. I get in and step on the brake and nothing happens. I am shifting with the windshield wipers. I ask for a song to be played and she just laughs at me. I get out and it's still running. I am ruined and loving it!

What were you thinking @btrflyl8e?

I can't even drive the wife's car anymore. I get in and step on the brake and nothing happens. I am shifting with the windshield wipers. I ask for a song to be played and she just laughs at me. I get out and it's still running. I am ruined and loving it!
I know... It was raining so hard when I left work that the streets were flooded and I went to go raise the car a couple of times. I also was annoyed that I had to turn on the wipers, and manually adjust them constantly as the traffic ebbed and flowed. More than once I stepped on the gas pedal too hard from a stop and spun the rear wheels. I felt like the constant moving from gas to brake pedal was an ab workout. It also felt like it had no power steering. And although I have leather interior... It smelled funny.

Overall it made me sad because I get attached to my cars and that Genesis was probably my second favorite car I'd owned. And now I can't stand to drive it.

I know... It was raining so hard when I left work that the streets were flooded and I went to go raise the car a couple of times. I also was annoyed that I had to turn on the wipers, and manually adjust them constantly as the traffic ebbed and flowed. More than once I stepped on the gas pedal too hard from a stop and spun the rear wheels. I felt like the constant moving from gas to brake pedal was an ab workout. It also felt like it had no power steering. And although I have leather interior... It smelled funny.

Overall it made me sad because I get attached to my cars and that Genesis was probably my second favorite car I'd owned. And now I can't stand to drive it.

Yes....Blue Gal...It is time to take it to CarMax and use the proceeds for a deposit on another S or to buy TSLA!:biggrin:

I originally bought my S to be a car for my wife who has a bit of a lead foot.....but it has become my car (yeah me)...Only problem is that now I have to save up for another S or an X for her....I do not think she will wait for a Gen III.

Yes....Blue Gal...It is time to take it to CarMax and use the proceeds for a deposit on another S or to buy TSLA!:biggrin:

I originally bought my S to be a car for my wife who has a bit of a lead foot.....but it has become my car (yeah me)...Only problem is that now I have to save up for another S or an X for her....I do not think she will wait for a Gen III.
Lucky you! I was thinking I'll bank it and either look for a used S in a little while for my boyfriend, or wait and get him the Gen III. He's not really a car guy, he's more a truck/motorcycle dude.. but he deserves the awesomeness of a Tesla. Hmmm, maybe he can take MY "used" S and I can get a new one! I think I would get gray...