Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla and the whole experience. Picked up a flawless 2014 p85 with 24k. Had a few initial issues: wind noise, replace the MCU and a new DU. A bit painful since I’ve only owned the car 5 months but hoping it should be solid from here out. Phenomenal car and enjoying the EV ownership. Had a GT350 previously so this is a total pivot. Had all the chrome blacked out and I think it transforms the car. 1CC19753-D47E-4E57-8382-C08BDBD03E35.jpeg5F8250C8-06A6-4E32-96A4-A689E787238A.jpeg033DB8CD-BD92-4CE5-8607-9E744BD6EEA8.jpeg

New to Tesla and the whole experience. Picked up a flawless 2014 p85 with 24k. Had a few initial issues: wind noise, replace the MCU and a new DU. A bit painful since I’ve only owned the car 5 months but hoping it should be solid from here out. Phenomenal car and enjoying the EV ownership. Had a GT350 previously so this is a total pivot. Had all the chrome blacked out and I think it transforms the car. View attachment 456867View attachment 456868View attachment 456869

Congrats!

That’s an older vehicle which had the DU issue. Now that it’s replaced, you should be good.

Hi,
I'm Olivier from France. I'm a new owner of a used P85+ , received wednesday. It's a car from Belgium.
It will replace our toyota prius. It is the grand sister of my 2014 renault zoe. So now we are full electric !
It is an exceptional car, we are in supercars: accelerations, air suspensions, panoramic roof, beautiful interior finish carbon, black leather and alcantara with red edging. I do not see what it has to envy to BMW / Mercedes / audi. I find the inside superb, and the night is a festival of small beautiful lights (I discovered that last night). I love it :)
The huge tires in 265 are not more expensive than the Michelin EV of my zoe!
The full cover insurance costs € 740 / year
Free superchargers
Spotify
It does not consume more than my zoe Q210 according to my first runs
I even called the Tesla Certified Bodybuilder on Bordeaux for price ideas. A completely redone wing is 600 €, so it's like with steel bodies contrary to what many people believe

In all transparency, I noted these small flats:
big car for europe
no simple speed limiter as on the zoe (must go in menus and set a maximum speed allowed)
no preconditioning button on the beautiful remote control
it is quite firm (a little too much for my taste)

I hope that I will not have any expensive repairs

tesla-10.jpg

20190910.jpg

when my son discovered the car :

New to Tesla and the whole experience. Picked up a flawless 2014 p85 with 24k. Had a few initial issues: wind noise, replace the MCU and a new DU. A bit painful since I’ve only owned the car 5 months but hoping it should be solid from here out. Phenomenal car and enjoying the EV ownership. Had a GT350 previously so this is a total pivot. Had all the chrome blacked out and I think it transforms the car. View attachment 456867View attachment 456868View attachment 456869

Congratulations!

sorry it's dirty....

Picked up "MiracleWhip" on Friday the 13th, 12 days later it's where I wanted it to be minus PPF. and painted calipers.

Carbon 35% on the sides and 15% on the rear
Matte Carbon Fiber spoiler, and fender camera covers
Onyx Black 21" Twin Turbines staggered
3D Printed lowering arms +6mm sits perfect on low and drives very well, might try the +8mm and see what it looks like slammed.

Love the car, such a dream to drive and own.

2019 custom order picked up off the end of the line at the factory.

IMG_20190925_222143.jpg
IMG_20190925_222127.jpg
IMG_20190925_222111.jpg
IMG_20190925_222106.jpg

sorry it's dirty....

Picked up "MiracleWhip" on Friday the 13th, 12 days later it's where I wanted it to be minus PPF. and painted calipers.

Carbon 35% on the sides and 15% on the rear
Matte Carbon Fiber spoiler, and fender camera covers
Onyx Black 21" Twin Turbines staggered
3D Printed lowering arms +6mm sits perfect on low and drives very well, might try the +8mm and see what it looks like slammed.

2019 custom order picked up off the end of the line at the factory.

View attachment 459078 View attachment 459079 View attachment 459080 View attachment 459081

I like white cars but am not comfortable driving one for some silly reason. However, yours looks great and I could over come that feeling in that car.

Congrats and I hope you get as many years enjoyment as I have gotten out of mine (2013 MS).

Reactions: rafacq and isracing
sorry it's dirty....

Love your car- looks great
But I am very anxious that you seem to have taken it to a petrol station?
Please reassure me that that is untrue!?
Teslas get VERY nervy around fossil fuels! She will probably need some solar electrons and a nice drive through a National Park to recover!!

Reactions: rafacq and isracing
Wow, sounds like a rough experience. I'm surprised that they told you what the 70 point inspection is. Can you upload that information so we all know what they are supposed to check for during the used car process? I can't imagine how all these problems affected your mentality after spending all this money on a car, sight unseen. If I were you I would have probably thrown up when I got home. I'm in the process now of getting a used model S, and I will admit, I'm stretching my budget to get it done. If I had those issues, I'd have some serious buyers remorse.

I just backed out of buying a CPO 2017 Model S 100D. I am sufferring non-buyer's remorse because I love the idea of a Tesla and really want to upgrade from my current EV. I found a beautiful spec car, right color, OK price and paid the deposit - but the painfully slow communication, often obtuse and un-informative dialogues, the misleading statements that come from Tesla, the mind-boggling web of substantiated software development 'stories', never ending MCU issues, apparent disregard for real issued suffered by many buyers, willingness to take money for FSD from EAP owners with nothing to say what you will actually get or when or if it will even work on your car, contradictory information from Tesla staff....

I am so bummed right now. I am a reasonably prudent person and the Tesla cool-aid is just too scary. Wish I had a picture to post.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq
I just backed out of buying a CPO 2017 Model S 100D. I am sufferring non-buyer's remorse because I love the idea of a Tesla and really want to upgrade from my current EV. I found a beautiful spec car, right color, OK price and paid the deposit - but the painfully slow communication, often obtuse and un-informative dialogues, the misleading statements that come from Tesla, the mind-boggling web of substantiated software development 'stories', never ending MCU issues, apparent disregard for real issued suffered by many buyers, willingness to take money for FSD from EAP owners with nothing to say what you will actually get or when or if it will even work on your car, contradictory information from Tesla staff....

I am so bummed right now. I am a reasonably prudent person and the Tesla cool-aid is just too scary. Wish I had a picture to post.

What can I say! After I put my deposit, the wait was horrible. Waited 5 days to finally get a call from my sales advisor. First and only time I spoke with him. His voicemail was full and was never able to reach him. 2 days later an internal delivery advisor called me and finally things started to move along. I took delivery 13 days after I placed my deposit.

My 2015 S85D with only 12,004 miles was near mint condition. Drove out of San Diego and started our road trip back home to Dallas. WOW! The car was worth every penny. All the fears dissipated once you have the car. Will never buy anything other than Tesla!

Here is my buying/delivery story... My Model S 85D Story. Ordering to Delivery!

Last edited:
What can I say! After I put my deposit, the wait was horrible. Waited 5 days to finally get a call from my sales advisor. First and only time I spoke with him. His voicemail was full and was never able to reach him. 2 days later an internal delivery advisor called me and finally things started to move along. I took delivery 13 days after I placed my deposit.

My 2015 S85D with only 12,004 miles was near mint condition. Drove out of San Diego and started our road trip back home to Dallas. WOW! The car was worth every penny. All the fears dissipated once you have the car. Will never buy anything other than Tesla!

Here is my buying/delivery story... My Model S 85D Story. Ordering to Delivery!

Awesome. How long did the roadtrip from San Siego to DFW take?