Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have just refused to accept it until they fully charged it. And pointed out the debris/fries. If they refuse to clean it, start taking pictures and a video and inform them that you are doing this to document the condition it was sold in by Tesla. Generally that gets word to the manager pretty quick and they get a detailer in to make it right. I have found issues with every car I have ever bought (dirt/smudges/etc.) and have refused to take delivery until it was fixed...

• Helpful
Reactions: David29
I took delivery of a new blue 2021 LR with FSD in late Dec. 2020. So after two months and about 1700 miles I can that I have never enjoyed a car more. I have had zero problems and really love driving the car. So much fun to drive, sooo much better to drive than my Lexus. Haven't taken a long trip yet but plan to take a trip in mid March.
IMG_0493-1.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 123
I took delivery of a new blue 2021 LR with FSD in late Dec. 2020. So after two months and about 1700 miles I can that I have never enjoyed a car more. I have had zero problems and really love driving the car. So much fun to drive, sooo much better to drive than my Lexus. Haven't taken a long trip yet but plan to take a trip in mid March. View attachment 639710
Congrats! Best road trip car ever, hands down.

We did take delivery of a used MS in dec out of the Vancouver east center. Tesla paperwork was about five minute, insurance much longer. As it was the only MS in a lot of M3 it stood out and was nicely set aside by the service folks. Did not miss the buried $500 advert fee, rust protection?, glass etching?, nor the ‘sales guy’ trying to attach the ‘Rumpas motors’ decal/plate on the rear bumper before hand over. They get bonus points for working around/thru Canadian Covid rules, and really I sometimes think the Shorts spend hours crafting/fabricating horror stores about Tesla used car delivery experiences. Are Tesla employees jerks? Not met one yet.. Fabricated stories for $ motivations come to mind. Do it again, ya, way better than being a miserable buyer at a traditional car dealership.

• Love
Reactions: Electroman
Chairman Kim-Jong-un is the owner of a brand new Tesla Model S, the first, and only, in North Korea. Color? Red, of course. But then the problems began. So far, he has the following complaints:

1. The side bolsters of the seats are hurting the kidneys of the 300-pound Dear Leader.

2. The vanity mirror is too small for him to check out his cool haircut.

3. The cup holders are too small for his Big Gulp.

4. The Frunk is too small for his enormous picnic basket.

5. When driving, he has complained that there is a pronounced lean of the car on the driver’s side. However, he has subsequently found that this can be beneficial when “drifting” through the Great Square of the People.

6. When cutting doughnuts in the parking lot of the Memorial Palace of the Sun, his box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts keeps sliding across the dashboard.

7. He wanted the rear seat option for the kids, but then he discovered there wasn’t enough room to mount a machine gun.

8. The glass roof is too dark which prevents his adoring public from seeing him.

9. There is not enough room in the rear seat for his generals to keep their hats on.

10. He doesn’t like navigate on autopilot because it doesn’t follow his orders exactly. Besides, with the steering wheel fully forward and the seat fully back, the steering wheel keeps scuffing on his stomach, which cancels autopilot.

11. There is no way to use the front radar and 17” screen to launch missiles.

12. You can’t get YouTube in North Korea, so he can’t watch any of Bjorn’s videos.

13. He became absolutely incensed when he discovered that the nearest Supercharger was near Seoul, SOUTH Korea. Engineers of the Red Army are feverishly trying to find a way to hook up his Tesla directly to a nuclear reactor.

14. Finally, in order to correct these “defects”, he is demanding Ranger Service, and he expects the work to be done personally by Elon.

If you become aware of any additional complaints, please feel free to post them here, but no later than 11:59 pm on April 1st.

Well, after a few months of searching, several more months of researching on this forum and elsewhere, and more than a decade of wanting one, my new-to-me 2015 S is finally here. It arrived late Wednesday night on a truck from Seattle - I'd been anxiously watching its (lack of) progress via the app until I realised the location doesn't update when it's not moving under its own power :D

The spec is almost exactly what I wanted - 85D with pretty much every option except rear-facing seats (which I didn't want), Monterey Blue over tan with obeche matt. Dual chargers, FUSC, Sub-zero, UHFS, SAS and whatever other acronyms you can think of. The previous owner bought it CPO in May 2019, back when CPO was still a thing, so I still have six weeks of warranty in case anything immediate breaks.

I can never leave anything alone, so I've already added:

- IRO dashcam
- Parcel shelf lift kit
- Coat hooks
- Oedro mats
- Evannex center console (but if anyone has an OEM one in tan, hit me up)
- Cubby drawer

I have Teslamate up and running on google cloud, which gives me all the nerdy stats I want - it shows a projected range of 266 miles, which I'm pretty pleased with. SMT is next once the cable arrives. And I have an MCU2 appointment next week - the car is still on 3G, so that'll be a major upgrade.

I've not driven it much yet - to get it cleaned, and to the nearest supercharger. But I'm already super pleased with it. I know it's 'only' a non-performance, AP1, MCU1 car but after 30-something ICE vehicles over three decades (plus a handful of e-scooters and the like) it feels like driving the future. Pics to follow ...

Well, after a few months of searching, several more months of researching on this forum and elsewhere, and more than a decade of wanting one, my new-to-me 2015 S is finally here. It arrived late Wednesday night on a truck from Seattle - I'd been anxiously watching its (lack of) progress via the app until I realised the location doesn't update when it's not moving under its own power :D

The spec is almost exactly what I wanted - 85D with pretty much every option except rear-facing seats (which I didn't want), Monterey Blue over tan with obeche matt. Dual chargers, FUSC, Sub-zero, UHFS, SAS and whatever other acronyms you can think of. The previous owner bought it CPO in May 2019, back when CPO was still a thing, so I still have six weeks of warranty in case anything immediate breaks.

- IRO dashcam
- Parcel shelf lift kit
- Coat hooks
- Oedro mats
- Cubby drawer

I have Teslamate up and running on google cloud, which gives me all the nerdy stats I want - it shows a projected range of 266 miles, which I'm pretty pleased with. SMT is next once the cable arrives. And I have an MCU2 appointment next week - the car is still on 3G, so that'll be a major upgrade.

I've not driven it much yet - to get it cleaned, and to the nearest supercharger. But I'm already super pleased with it. I know it's 'only' a non-performance, AP1, MCU1 car but after 30-something ICE vehicles over three decades (plus a handful of e-scooters and the like) it feels like driving the future. Pics to follow ...
I bought my 2015 S85D in March 2019 and took delivery in April. It’s a May 2015 build. It has everything except the air suspension which I did not want. I’ve never heard of Monterrey Blue, I think you mean Pacific Metallic Blue, which is the original blue and my favorite. Tesla had already canceled the CPO program in April 2019. My car was a 3 year lease and was returned to Tesla in June 2018. It had 12.004 miles when I took delivery on April 3, 2019. I love it. At that time, Tesla still offered a 4 years/50K miles warranty on their used cars.
FFBC99F2-D1FB-4165-87AB-84DE68585E5F.jpeg

- IRO dashcam
- Parcel shelf lift kit
- Coat hooks
- Oedro mats
- Cubby drawer

Congratulations. Where did you get the coat hooks and shelf kit?

Reactions: JimmyB
I bought my 2015 S85D in March 2019 and took delivery in April. It’s a May 2015 build. It has everything except the air suspension which I did not want. I’ve never heard of Monterrey Blue, I think you mean Pacific Metallic Blue, which is the original blue and my favorite. Tesla had already canceled the CPO program in April 2019. My car was a 3 year lease and was returned to Tesla in June 2018. It had 12.004 miles when I took delivery on April 3, 2019. I love it. At that time, Tesla still offered a 4 years/50K miles warranty on their used cars.
Looks like I was wrong about CPO ... I was going from the "CPO Refurb Complete" on the option string, but according to this the change happened a year prior. CPO or no, it's in great shape :cool:

I suspect we're talking about the same colour - and definitely the best colour ... I love how it looks in different light. tesla-info.com decodes it as 'Monterey Blue', these folk call it both names.

IMG_FDEC28C1BA75-1.jpg

Congratulations. Where did you get the coat hooks and shelf kit?
Thanks :) Coat hooks are from Evannex, shelf kit is from Abstract Ocean.

Looking to get delivery for a used 2018 75D tomorrow. It was local for me (Seattle) so no transport fee. AP 2.5, 19-inch wheels, dark cloth interior, midnight silver metallic outside, premium upgrade package, ultra high fidelity sound, subzero package, smart air suspension. One owner car, who bought it new in Seattle as well. 41,000 miles. $42K (excluding tax, registration).

What do you guys think about the deal? And, what specifically should I look for in a 2018 75D when taking delivery?

Reactions: COS Blue and rafacq
Just got my girlfriend's Model Y. The delivery was the most rushed process I have ever seen. I know we are in COVID times, but isn't the person supposed to help you set up your keys, show you how to adjust your mirrors, teach you the app, tell you....anything?

When I got my 75D Model S in 2018, it was like a 45 minute lesson about all the features. This time was like picking up a rental car.

Just got my girlfriend's Model Y. The delivery was the most rushed process I have ever seen. I know we are in COVID times, but isn't the person supposed to help you set up your keys, show you how to adjust your mirrors, teach you the app, tell you....anything?

When I got my 75D Model S in 2018, it was like a 45 minute lesson about all the features. This time was like picking up a rental car.
It is pretty sad, IMHO. I imagine that there are videos online that you can watch that address your questions. I hope your girlfriend enjoys her new Model Y.

Not any more. It's a much different world now. All of the videos to the tutorials can be found online or actually in the Tesla itself.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
It is pretty sad, IMHO. I imagine that there are videos online that you can watch that address your questions. I hope your girlfriend enjoys her new Model Y.
Tesla has the set of official videos to teach you things, but they only teach you essentials. There are many fun or helpful things the videos do not show, like adjusting the height of the automatic tailgate, setting favorite superchargers, how to understand the supercharger data, naming your car, Easy Entry, creating custom horn sounds, external speaker, the intricacies of one-pedal driving, battery pre-warming, and dozens more.
How many people never find Range Mode, and then have less range on long trips?!

My Model S delivery went through literally every menu and window there was.

Reactions: Electroman

IMHO the videos (especially Tesla's videos, which seem to be designed for people with short attention spans) aren't a substitute for being able to talk to a live human and ask questions. I sometimes wonder if there's a market for an post-sale, aftermarket Tesla vehicle trainer to fill in all the gaps that Tesla leaves (and I'm talking about gaps in training, not panel gaps).

Bruce.