TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Owners in Essex - A Favour?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by HKP_Tom, Apr 6, 2018.

1. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

Hi folks,

I'm looking to potentially buy a used Model S (what I really really want is an original Roadster, but realise its a waiting game to buy one). So in the meantime, I was thinking of scratching the itch with a MS.

However, I think it might be a bit touch and go in my garage who's internal dimensions are approx 5m square.

Would anyone be willing to pop to Chelmsford one evening and try it in exchange for a cuppa?

Many Thanks,

Tom

2. sidmini

sidmini Banned

3. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

If you haven't bought the Roadster yet? :) I'm not far away and would happily tootle over to Chelmsford.

4. paso904

paso904 Member

My double-garage is exactly 5 metres deep with the door closed. My MS60 fits in with three quarters of an each clearance front and rear.

5. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

Hello! Well, I'm around all of tomorrow if you do fancy popping over? Can you PM me? Thanks!!

6. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

It is a little too low mileage and special for me - that looks like one for a collector and is top ££ isn't it?

7. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

How can you get it that tightly in?

8. paso904

paso904 Member

With great care! (No, not really). I have a precisely fixed front-wheel wheel chock combined with a thick piece of carpet hanging on the inner wall of the garage.

9. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

Come on @paso904 you've got to show us a picture of that!! :D

This is reassuring though...

• Like x 1
  10. paso904

paso904 Member

20180409_113027.jpg 20180409_112927.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  11. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

Thanks to the very helpful @WannabeOwner for popping down tonight to try out his lovely MS in my garage... it fits!

Just!

But it does ☺️

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Decision time then, eh? :)

13. HKP_Tom

HKP_Tom Member

Oh yes. I wish that brick pillar wasn't in the way at the back of my garage, but I think garage extension + new car is a step too far for the family finances at this present moment!