Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners Manual crashes Tesla's computer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
Haven't seen this bug yet. Let me know if it's something known. When I try to open Software -> Owner's Manual and open anything in it, I see no manual, but instead the screen freezes and the AC starts to blow at full speed. Two-button reset or existing and closing the car help. I reproduced this several times. Basically, I can't open the Owner's Manual at all, and it crashes the computer. Am I alone?

Reactions: Microfiche
Haven't seen this bug yet. Let me know if it's something known. When I try to open Software -> Owner's Manual and open anything in it, I see no manual, but instead the screen freezes and the AC starts to blow at full speed. Two-button reset or existing and closing the car help. I reproduced this several times. Basically, I can't open the Owner's Manual at all, and it crashes the computer. Am I alone?
There's a fix for that on page 139. J/K!

• Funny
Reactions: PianoAl and Phlier
You are not alone. I just got my car 3 days ago. Today I've tried opening the owners manual 3 times and each time I get blank pages and the whole computer crashes.

Same. Happened twice.

At the time I was plugged in although fully charged. Pulled the charger out and put the car in and out of gear a few times. Still unplugged tried again and it worked as expected.

I haven't tried again with car plugged in.

Same exact issue yesterday while trying to research autopilot camera in on screen manual.

I had the same issue, but while I was driving!! Passenger searched through the owner's manual while I was driving, screen froze and AC maxed out. I was still able to drive the car but info on the screen was all stuck, but I had to pull over and park and the screen rebooted itself.

Reactions: djflux
Happening to me.

At some point, when I was on my home WiFi, the manual started to work again. So for now the problem is kinda resolved on its own (without update), but I will check it time to time and report if it comes back. It's a strange glitch.