Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner's manual freezing + crashing the computer S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I noticed that if you are trying to browse the Owner's Manual it tends to freeze up the display and then the system will eventually reboot. Has anyone else experienced this as well? It happened to me twice back to back and I don't know if it is just an issue with my car or if it is an issue with S Plaids in general.

Luckily, I was at a charging station and not driving because that would be a scary experience to randomly just dying and rebooting.

So, I noticed that if you are trying to browse the Owner's Manual it tends to freeze up the display and then the system will eventually reboot. Has anyone else experienced this as well? It happened to me twice back to back and I don't know if it is just an issue with my car or if it is an issue with S Plaids in general.

Luckily, I was at a charging station and not driving because that would be a scary experience to randomly just dying and rebooting.
Sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong section but I can't figure out how to delete or move this.

Lame-o software across the board. Super surprising to me that this happens on Plaid, I'd expect you have to latest software.

Now happening on Model 3 (2021.24.4). I thought they would have fixed this by now.

I've had nothing but trouble with the 3 latest updates: Navigation squirrelly. Rear camera freezes. Owner's manual freezes. USB Device malfunction.

Got my plaid yesterday. Happened to me three times today while trying to read manual. Did it once while waiting at stop light to quickly read something about yoke and screen went black to reboot but did not affect driving. Crazy times we live in.